Ford Fiesta - Radiator fan not working causing overheating - chopperswfc
Hi can anyone help. I have 2000 fiesta endura e 1.3. Last week my at started overheating on m25. The car was not loosing water apart from what was been pushed out from waste bottle through the pressure build up. Had to call AA out and found that the fan was not kicking in. To keep me on the road he modified to wiring by bridging to the battery making it run permanently but was unsure what was causing the issue. He did state that the head gasket didn't seem to be a problem and water pump was not making any noises. The problem I now have is where do I start to try and get this fan working again. Any ideas would be gently appreciated. Thanks in advance
Dave
Ford Fiesta - Radiator fan not working causing overheating - RobJP

Well, it could be :

thermostat. Basically, the fan starts when temp goes over a certain point, and cuts out again below that point. If the thermostat is broken, then the electrical signal doesn't go to the fan.

Broken wire between the thermostat and the fan. Same as above, but now a signal is being sent, but not received.

The fan itself, where it receives the signal telling it to start (probably a relay). If this relay is faulty, then, once again, the fan doesn't start.

Or a fuse. Now, the signal might be being sent, and received, but there is no power to run the fan. Or a cable between the fuse and the fan. Or a faulty earth wire.

Lots of possibilities

Ford Fiesta - Radiator fan not working causing overheating - chopperswfc
That's great thank you gives me a starting chance of where to look. Thanks