Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - hondaf
12 month dealership warranty due to expire. Is it worth paying for Honda extended guarantee for car with no previous issues?
Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - Bolt

In my opinion no,when I bought my 3year old Civic it had a couple of issues but the warranty didn't cover the problems so your better off keeping the money aside just in case

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - thunderbird

Never owned a Honda, possibly never will. But the people on here who love them claim that Honda will repair them FOC even after the warranty has ended. If that is the case whey would anyone want to by an extended warranty. If it is the case why do Honda dealers sell extended warranties when they would be repaired FOC anyway.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - KB.

I don't think I've ever seen such a blanket statement on here such as you state....

"......claim that Honda will repair them FOC even after the warranty has ended....."

but would stand to be corrected and so I would ask that you direct us to the pronouncements made by these people to whom you refer.

Can't quite see what point you're making....certainly Honda are 'apparently' better than some at offering "goodwill" gestures but for the sake of £149 a year I'd prefer not to take a chance at receiving the sort of bill that I refer to in the thread mentioned below.

On a more realistic basis I would point you to the recent topic on here about French car reliability where I made reference to extended warranties and quoted actual, verifiable figures from actual people who have had actual experience of the matter in hand.

Edit. Unlike yourself I have had a Honda - both within and outwith manufacturers warranty...and actually am quite likely to have another but still prefer to have a bit of substance to my case in the form of tangible warranty when makers warranties expire just in case, as it were.

Edited by KB. on 13/08/2014 at 17:10

so I would ask that you direct us to the pronouncements made by these people to whom you refer.

Loads of claims on here that Honda (and Toyota) are simply brilliant at fixing cars out of warranty FOC, do a search. There was a thread started earlier today by a chap offering to repair Honda Insight batteries, people pointed out that if Honda are as good as other claim he would get no work.

Personally I have owned mainly European cars with the odd smattering of Asian and over the years I have had very few problems. Even German cars that other claim are poor have given excellent service. But being a normal sort of person once the warranty runs out I accept I am on my own. If you live on Cloud Cookoo Land there are many Honda and Toyota dealers who are very helpful.

But as has been said, if they are so brilliant why do they offer extended warranties.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - madf

But as has been said, if they are so brilliant why do they offer extended warranties.

Profits?

As for fixing cars out of warranty foc.. well they only do IF and only IF the fault is of their making.

eg early CVT gearbox on Jazz, 2.2 diesel on 2006-2009 Lexus/Toyota.

In both cases warrnties were extended to 7 years as there were deisgn faults.

But I guess you already know that..

(Compare that to Ford's CVT gearbox fitted to cars in the early 2000s. It was designed for a lower torque than the engine it was installed with. And it went pop - usually after the one year warrnty. Ford refused to fix it despite it being a demonstrable design fault. They blatantly lied about it.Owners sued and won. Or Mazda's diesel problems. As for Renault .. we won't go there. BMW swirl flaps?)

12 month dealership warranty due to expire. Is it worth paying for Honda extended guarantee for car with no previous issues?

Check small print before deciding,you may find another company policy is better

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - double_tap_that

I see if you join the A.A, You can take out breakdown warranty cover for a small premium, and they will cover each problem for up to £500, up to 5 times i believe.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - focussed

On balance- on a Jazz which has been known to suffer gearbox input bearing problems-depending on the sort of mileage you do- I would be inclined to take them up on the offer.

The question relates to a Jazz however I'm still not sure what thunderbird is actually saying - apart, perhaps, that he doesn't choose to pay for an extended warranty himself and, I think, that he doesn't rate Japanese cars. But I could be wrong. Tricky to work out when he's so vague.

However, I'm damned if I'm going to trawl back for the posts from those characters who apparently maintain that Honda and, I think, Toyota will fix any fault that occurs out of warranty. I wonder how long this remarkable benefit goes on for? ...in the absence of any facts or the names of the beneficiaries of this ongoing goodwill I think his posts are to treated less than seriously.

I couldn't see any figures quoted by th OP for the Honda extension but see that the actual ( note, ACTUAL - thunderbird) figures given on the Honda website are 12 mnths £399, 24 mnths £707, 36 mnths £940...all inc. breakdown cover.

This compares with the £149 annually for the first five years following expiry of manufacturers warranty that I have taken. After those five years it goes up to £175 for the next five years....up to a max of ten yrs. I will post further ACTUAL details if requested but don't wish to be seen as promoting an organization unduly...but, as stated, it is with CCP - who do happen to maintain the extended warraty schemes of an awful lot of manufacturers. The terms and conditions...the ACTUAL ones, are given, of course, online for those wishing to compare notes.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - coopshere
Whilst there is little doubt amongst knowledgeable , maybe ageing (therefore read experienced), motorists who own their cars that Honda and Toyota generally acknowledge their problems when they occur and then treat their customers with some respect, it would pay you to read the small print of the extended warranty on offer. Whilst the cost of some modern components can run into hundreds of pounds, modern engines and gearboxes will be thousands. You have to weigh up the pros and cons and treat it as you would any other insurance policy. You either trust the component parts, if you are so minded, or take the view that anything could go wrong at any time whatever make of car you own. If the cost is just a couple of hundred pounds then that seems a reasonable cost to me against the high cost of replacing a major component but everyone has their own view on the subject as can be seen above.

Nicely, and concisely, expressed, Coopshere.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - artill

From my own experience of 2 Hondas, they just dont go wrong. The current one is 9 years old, owned for 3 years, with no issues, but still uner 50,000 miles.

But the issue is risk and abily to pay. If a significant failure would cause financial hardship, then pay for the warrenty. If you can afford to fix it in the unlikely event of a failure, keep the money. Odds are in your favour you wont have an issue.

Honda Jazz 1.2 petrol 2010 - Extended warranty worth it? - Graham567

More info:

adf.ly/r394I

SPAM.DO NOT CLICK.

The question relates to a Jazz however I'm still not sure what thunderbird is actually saying - apart, perhaps, that he doesn't choose to pay for an extended warranty himself and, I think, that he doesn't rate Japanese cars. But I could be wrong. Tricky to work out when he's so vague.

Thought it was obvious myself, i simply don't buy into this nonsense that is posted on here on a regular basis that Honda and Toyota repair cars FOC even when they are out of warranty.

Had 2 Nissans in the past, both totally reliable.Dads had 3 Nissans,totally reliable. He has also had a Hoda which was totally reliable so actually have no personal experience about out of warranty claims but as I said above I just don't buy into the posts on here. If Honda and Toyota are so keen to repair cars FOC up to 7 years old why don't they simply bring out a 7 year warranty. It would be much better publicity for their products than posts by "owners" on an obsure forum.

We have also had 4 VW's and a BMW. Dad has had 1 VW. Again like the Japanese cars all have been reliable. and in truth we have done more miles in the German cars.

Personally I have considered buying a Honda a couple of times. The first time it was a pleasant experience, the salesman lent us a car for the afternoon but the car did not meet our needs. The second time the dealer had changed hands and the salesman was very arrogant. We asked for a test drive in a Civic with sensible wheels to which he ageed but when we arrived we were presented with a car on rubber bands. It was an acompanied test drive (if that is company policy fair enough) but it was 3 miles at the most over speed bumps at 20 mph. He appeared quite put out when I commented it was not the car I asked to drive and tht there was no way I could buy any car after such a poor drive. Never heard from him since, bought a BMW.

Looked at Toyotas a couple of times. First time there was a 24 hour test drive on offer on the Auris. Local dealer said they were not participating so contacted Toyota who apologised and put me in contact with another dealer. They said it would be 6 weeks before they had an Auris demonstrator on fleet since they had just sold theirs. The 24 hour offer ended in 3 weeks so no chance of the 24 hour test. Gave up. Second time tried another slightly more distant dealer. Great on the phone, had the car we wanted on fleet and haapy to take us on an extended test drive over one of their 4 preset routes. Turned up at the arranged time and was told by reception the salesman was busy and a colleague would attend to us. When he eventually tuned up he quickly said that the car we wanted to drive (diesel) had been taken for the weekend by another salesman and we would have to try a petrol, not a good start. Before we set off I looked at the map on the showroom wall to sort the route but he simply said that he would decide where we went. This turned out to be 3 miles each way on a dual carriageway and he claimed it was illegal for either of us to ride as front seat passenger. A few days later the original salesman contacted us and claimed to be horrified at the treatment we were given. He said he would arrange another dri ve in a diesel and even collect us from home. Never heard form him to this day. Bought a Kia.

Not saying I won't buy a Toyota, in truth the Auris Hybrid may be on our shopping list next time but we will need to find a dealer as good as VW, Nissan, BMW etc before I had over any money.

I won't be expecting free repairs for ever either.

Kinda says thunderbird you dont read posts properly,as in madf`s post which says they dont fix all problems all the time contrary to your belief