Ford Mondeo Mark II - Radio Removed - Galaxy

I've removed the radio from my Mondeo. I did this quite some time ago. I tried to start it yesterday and it wouldn't start. Knowing how "clever" todays cars can be it crossed my mind whether removing the radio would prevent my car from starting, or is it just pure coincidence and likely to be something else completely?

Does anyone happen to know, please?

Ford Mondeo Mark II - Radio Removed - elekie&a/c doctor

Radio removal does not prevent the car from starting.Perhaps the battery is flat?

Ford Mondeo Mark II - Radio Removed - double_tap_that

Does the car turn over? Or completly dead?

Ford Mondeo Mark II - Radio Removed - Galaxy

Thanks for the replies. No the battery has just been fully charged. The car turns over easily.

It doesn't particularly matter, anyway, as it's my old car and is set to be scrapped fairly soon. I was just interested to see whether it would still run, that's all.

I probably won't get around to sorting it out, it's only likely to go for scrap value, anyway. It's just that I know electrical systems on cars are so very complicated today I wondered whether removing the radio would prevent the car being started. Apparently not.

Thank you once again.

Ford Mondeo Mark II - Radio Removed - Peter.N.

As stated removing the radio will not cause lack of starting, strangely enough, fitting the wrong radio can cause problems, I had a C5 with an aftermarket radio, it worked OK but ran the battery down in about 24 hours because it kept switching on the management ECU.