Renault Clio 2 1.9 diesel 2001 - Water pump - pullgees

I believe the water pump is driven off the auxiliary belt not the cambelt, is this correct? I just had the cambelt changed and asked for the water pump to be changed as well thinking at the time that is was driven off the cambelt. The garage didn't say otherwise and went ahead with the whole job.

Renault Clio 2 1.9 diesel 2001 - Water pump - elekie&a/c doctor

The water pump is driven from the aux belt.You asked the garage to change the timing belt and the water pump.That is exactly what they have done ,so what is the problem?If you were not sure about the water pump drive,perhaps it would have been a good idea to ask before the job was carried out .The garage is not telepathic.

Renault Clio 2 1.9 diesel 2001 - Water pump - double_tap_that

Straight forward question, asking for advice, No point in having a "Go"

Renault Clio 2 1.9 diesel 2001 - Water pump - Simon

I agree with elekie&a/cdoctors reply. I don't think you can class it as 'having a go', he has said what the vast majority are probably thinking. The way the OP has phrased the question leads me to think that yet again 'its all the garages fault' because they did extra work that the OP had requested even though it may have not been strictly necessary. Sometimes the bit of knowledge that the punter has is a bad thing...

Renault Clio 2 1.9 diesel 2001 - Water pump - pullgees

Thanks. I got the answer I wanted in spite of all the snarky rubbish. Now what I got to check is the condition of the auxiliary belt, if that goes then no cooling. Every car I've owned the water pump has always run off the cambelt so this is new for me.
I did actually say to the garage that as far as I know the pump is driven off the cambelt so please change that.

Edited by pullgees on 10/08/2014 at 17:10