Mitsubushi L200 2003 - Buying advice required - Steveieb

Have been offered a nice example of the above pickup with the crew cab.(Warrior spec)

It has had an engine change and the replacement has done 70 k altogether with a new clutch fitted some 12 months ago.

Understand that these are a good bet but grateful for your experiences.

Mitsubushi L200 2003 - Buying advice required - sandy56
Its an old pick up nw. Thye had problems with head gaskets and expensive to fix, try for a Ford Ranger a much better pickup or a HiLux.
Mitsubushi L200 2003 - Buying advice required - focussed

I've been running an 05 113 hp L200 for nearly five years here in France. You have to realise that they are an old-school vehicle, lots of grease nipples on the suspension and d*****ine.etc. They are tough as old boots but they need regular attention. The d*****ine and chassis is basically the same as a Shogun/Pajero. The engines themselves are tough but are let down by the egr cooler corroding through which dumps the coolant so byebye head gasket. The cam belt is usually let down by the balancer shaft belt breaking and getting involved with the cam belt which results in wrong valve and injection timing and broken rockers. As with the Shogun the harmonic balancer/front pulley delaminating is a common failure also.

If you get a good one that hasn't been abused, neglected and overloaded they are ok.

Despite the comments from Sandy56 the parts are cheap from Milner 4x4 at Derby.

Mitsubushi L200 2003 - Buying advice required - focussed

Why does HJ's swear filter take exception to the word d r i v e? as in d r i v e l i n e?

Mitsubushi L200 2003 - Buying advice required - Avant

I think some previous moderator objected to the word d r i v e l. I wouldn't have worried myself, but the software only lets us add words to the filter, not remove them!