SEAT Alhambra - Rejecting a vehicle SOGA refund - alboccc

Can anyone help? I bought a seat alhambrs diesel on a 55 plate with 83k on the clock from a dealer for £3725 last week. The car was sold as having integrated dvd system and sir con as well as being Road worthy. I bought the car on the Tuesday, on the Wednesday driving to work I noticed that the car was losing power on hills. I informed the seller straight away (within about 14 hours of purchase) and returned the vehicle to him within 24 hours of purchase to rectify the power fault, the dvd system which didn't work and the air conditioning which also didn't work. After several attempts to phone him I finally done to him and he told me that his duagnostic tool had told him it was a faulty boost control Solenoid. I had already had a vagcom run on it and it came up as boost control fault and code, (but to my knowledge no machine can narrow this down to one fault please correct me if I'm wrong but it requires exploration to find out what is causing the boost control fault not just changing the solenoid). He told me he would get the air con and dvd player fixed while it was in with him. He delivered the vehicle back to me on Wednesday the week later. Upon driving to work the next day I noticed the power fault again on a steep hill ( no engine lights but losing power almost like limp mode) also the air conditioning hasn't been fixed and neither has the dvd player. I spoke to the seller and asked for s refund and he has told me the fault had been fixed and was fine when test driven. I returned the car to him on the Friday (his earliest convenience) and again asked for a refund as I was rejecting the vehicle under SOGA which he refused as he couldn't find s fault. We went for a drive but there was nowhere hilly enough round by his garage (I live 20 miles away in a much hillierarea) I managed to get the car to do it on a short Hill but the seller them turned the engine off which rectified the fault until it happened again. Typically it didn't happen again as realistically the fault only happens on steep hills. The trader rejected my claims for a refund and is sending it to vw for s diagnosis, my concern is that he will have wiped any fault codes prior to sending it to them. For me, the car is losing power on steep hills, I go over these every day for work, the dvd system was a major settling point of the car, despite several requests and promises that it has been fixed, it still doesn't work, same with the air con. I have only held the car for 2 days, both of which the faults appeared, it is has been in the garage for 9 days, with no offer of courtesy car.

Am I within my rights to reject the vehicle on the basis that it is not free from faults or for four the purpose it was bought. The sleet said he needed 3 attempts to fix it under law, but I can't find anything on that, also he's had it for over a week and not resolved the issues.

SEAT Alhambra - Rejecting a vehicle SOGA refund - Palcouk

On the information given you can reject, but that doesnt mean the seller will imediately refund your money. So you may have to issue a small court claim. You will then need to store the car securely and purchase a replacement whilst the court process grinds on - anticipate a year or so

£3725 is cheap for a diesel of that year/mileage

HJ Reviews are less than flattering

Edited by Palcouk on 05/08/2014 at 20:56