Ford Fiesta Ghia auoto 2003 - start fault - gehdina

Hello there,

my wifes car has started playing up.

We took it to the garage and their response was that 'it is due to the weather, mate'- very scientific?

Sometimes when she (or I) try abd start the car nothing happens.

We put the key in the ignition, put foot on brake, make sure it is in D, then turn the key all of the way.

Nothing.

The letter 'N' does not appear on screen as usual after a few seconds.

There are no error messages at all on screen.

This can happen up to 15-20 times without it starting,

Normally we leave the car and return after, say, 15 minutes.

It normally starts then, though sometimes not.

All electrics are ok, lights, horn, wipers etc. We have a new battery fitted too.

The garage cleared all of the codes from the system (£44) but that made no difference (they said that it was worth a shot).

Does anyone have any experience of this problem at all that could offer some assistance please?

Ford Fiesta Ghia auoto 2003 - start fault - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like this is an automated manual gearbox if there is no P position.If I am reading this correctly,you are selecting D for drive,which is not correct.The car will only start in N for neutral.

The procedure is to select D at the start, then when ignition is turned partially on wait a few secinds then select N.

The N light is supposed to come on, and then you can turn the key all of the way and the car will start.

Occasionally, as I stated earlier, this does not happen and the N does not appear ib the screen no matter how long you wait.

Ford Fiesta Ghia auoto 2003 - start fault - elekie&a/c doctor
This is not the procedure I would adopt ,however I don't think this is the issue here.I would think this is the start of a problem with the dura shift system .Could be expensive.

Ah I see.

Could well be time to trade her in for a new model then methinks?

Ford Fiesta Ghia auoto 2003 - start fault - RobJP

The wife, or the car ?

One will be horrendously expensive to trade in.