Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - wiggy_woo1981
Tried to start my ford ka 2007 this morning and the dials are clicking and shaking.The trip counter has reset to 0.No life at all when trying to turn car over.Oil, hand brake, abs, temp light all on.Any help would be appreciated
Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you have a flat battery.
Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - wiggy_woo1981
Thanks for response I have had car from new and never had battery replaced.Would it just go like that?I had no warning or anything.Will the RAC fit a new one or take me to a garage?
Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - FP

I believe if you have breakdown cover with the RAC they will fit a new battery for you - but you must pay for the battery and I would expect it not to be cheap.

Your cheapest option would be to shop around on the internet, get one delivered and fit it yourself, or, if you can charge the battery it may hold the charge for long enough to get it started; you can collect a new battery from somewhere and fit it yourself. If you go to Halfords they will fit one for you; you will have to pay for the fitting and their batteries are not the cheapest.

Probably the most expensive option would be to get the car to a garage and get a new battery fitted there.

You will have to decide which is right for you.

Edited by FP on 27/07/2014 at 12:24

If it is the battery what sort of prices for each would I be looking at.Only when I know I can weigh up what's going to be more advantageous to me.Thanks for this help
Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - FP

One internet site gives £35 incl.delivery for a petrol (not diesel) Ford Ka.

www.advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/carbattery063

No idea what this firm or their battery is like.

Halfords - cheapest: £45, fitting from £9.99.

No idea about RAC prices - you could ring them. No idea either about the garage option. You could ring whoever does your servicing and ask them.

Thank you ever so much for your help
Ford ka 2007 - Ford ka won't start click noise trip counter reset - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find that the Rac use Exide batteries.Perfectly ok ,but expect to pay around £60-70.These are good quality with usually a min 3 year warranty.
It was indeed the battery had green flag out who didn't replace it even though it is a service they offer.Was told that the service truck carrying parts had broken down!Took it to Halford 54.99 battery 9.99 fitting