Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - peterelk

The micra is 4 years old and has done 15000 miles. First 3 services at main dealer, 4th service at local garage - used in the past and good. 2 weeks after service the oil light comes on at tickover (600 rpm) when the car has been driven for about 5 miles. The sensor has been changed to no effect. The sump was removed, that & the strainer cleaned. Fresh oil and filter were used and the problem remains. There is no sign of an oil leak and I believe the pump to be chain driven. A pressure guage shows the pressure to be in spec at the test revs of 2000 rpm Any suggestions as to remedy other than replacing the pump and hoping or upping the tickover revs?

Regards

Pete Elkington

Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - Peter D
What was the oil pressure at tick over. Rather important fact do you not think. Regards Peter
Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - skidpan

The Micra K12 uses 5w/30 if its a petrol, most API/ACEA specs are acceptable, what oil did they use.

Our old Micra and dads current one both idle at nearer 800 rpm. 600 rpm looks rather low to me. Oil presure falls with rpm, at 800 rpm does the waring light go out.

Looks to me its an idle speed issue and not an oil pressure issue.

Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - Cyd

600rpm sounds too low for idle speed on a modern engine. 800 - 850 would be more like it. Are you sure about that info??

Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - elekie&a/c doctor
On a modern car the oil light should be out at idle.if you think about it,the oil light goes out under cranking,which is usually between 200-300 rpm.
Nissan Micra 2010 - oil pressure warning light - Cyd

Fair point