Ford Fiesta x reg - Headlights and main beam not working - chopperswfc
Hi can anyone help please. I have a 2000 x reg ford fiesta endura e. Recently I had the headlights stop working on the car. Side lights work and headlights would work briefly but when indicator was put on it would turn off. Thought it could of been a indicator stalk problem like a previous car so changed it but has not solved the problem.
The things I've tried so far are : changing stalk, changed both bulbs, checked all fuses in drivers side and all seem fine.
I have tried looking at the junction box in engine bay but the diagram in the handbook has a different lay out printed compared to the car. I have still checked all the 60amp fuses but have got to the point where have no idea how to repair this fault.
Please can someone help if possible
Many thanks

Edited by chopperswfc on 23/07/2014 at 20:01

Ford Fiesta x reg - Headlights and main beam not working - elekie&a/c doctor
The headlights on these are controlled by 2 relays in the engine bay fuse box.One relay for dip and the other for main.There are also 4 fuses,all 10 amp red,2 dip and 2 main.When the headlights are switched on,you should hear each one click as the as the dipper stalk is operated.
The headlights on these are controlled by 2 relays in the engine bay fuse box.One relay for dip and the other for main.There are also 4 fuses,all 10 amp red,2 dip and 2 main.When the headlights are switched on,you should hear each one click as the as the dipper stalk is operated.

Ok that's great. Is there any idea which is which on the relay side of things. I've checked all the fuses in the engine bay the 10amps all seems fine but as the diagram in the handbook is different to the actual layout. The way it's set out is the 60amps run through the middle with four black relays in a square formation to the right if the 60A fuses and all the small fuses lay underneath if you were looking at the fuse box from front of the car
Difficult to explain on a forum,but the headlight relays are the smaller type,usually black colour.there should be a fuse/relay map on the inside of the fuse box cover.
Ok that's absolutely brill. You say they make clicking nice is that when working the lights step by step and is it possible to check if it is a relay by working one by one and disconnecting or possibly changing current relay positions to check if the relay has failed?
Yes,you can swap the relays around ,like for like.