Ford Transit 2.4TDDi 53 plate Jumbo 90 350 - engine pulls back at 3000 revs, - springermic

Engine seems to go into limp mode when exceeding 3000 revs. Gets Kangaroo Hops. Yet when in Neutral and static it happily goes way beyond 3000 revs,up to 5000 possibly. I have changed the fuel filter, and we had a new clutch fitted last year (solid to replace dmf). Also have had vehicle re chipped to improve performance and economy.

First time it happened as we approached M40 and accelarating into position on inside lane. Prior to this my foot had slipped off the clutch causing a sharp tremble butt I was able to recover and did not stop.

Can anyone throw any light on this problem as it won't go away on its own, and our holidays are almost upon us.

Ford Transit 2.4TDDi 53 plate Jumbo 90 350 - engine pulls back at 3000 revs, - Peter.N.

Usual cause for rev limiting is the MAF sensor but getting the fault codes read should help.

Ford Transit 2.4TDDi 53 plate Jumbo 90 350 - engine pulls back at 3000 revs, - springermic
I had this problem on mine too. It turned out to be the fuel pump which was a costly replacement and fix at around £800. I don't have it now but I recall that it came about with a couple of thousand miles of having the engine re mapped. I cannot say that this caused it as it may be just coincidence. However, replacing the fuel pump solved the problem!