Ford Focus 2004 - Headlight/indicator stalk - dafskipman

Hi all, got a slight problem at the mo, with the wifes Focus hatch. The headlights are stuck on high beam when she turns the headlight switch on. Side lights/F&R fogs all ok, but when swiched to dipped beam, goes straight to high beam. I suspected the LH stalk may be faulty, but everything seems to work ok. Im no mechanic, but im going to have to try and repair it myself. Im just wondering if any other forum members have had this problem and if so, could you kindly let me know how you rectified it, or pass on any tips. Many thanks.

Ford Focus 2004 - Headlight/indicator stalk - elekie&a/c doctor
Does the headlight flash work ok.?

Thanks for responding. Yes, the headlight flash works ok.

Ford Focus 2004 - Headlight/indicator stalk - elekie&a/c doctor

The indicator stalk on these is double action.Pull the switch halfway and this operates the main beam flash.Pull it all the way,and you should hear the switch click as it moves from dip to main beam.What does yours do?

Thanks, the problem was the switch didn't click as you pulled it towards you, so when you turned the rotary light switch on in the dipped position the headlights were stuck on full beam. you could still use the stalk to flash, but only with the light switch off. with assistance from a friend we dismantled the l/h/s casing this afternoon and found a bit of broken round white plastic at the end of where the stalk arm joins the casing. There is a Ford part number stamped on the inside of the casing, so i shall obtain a price for that. My friend has managed to effect a temporary repair so the dipped beam function is available again, however there is now no full beam or flash. but after consulting the wife she was happy to go with that, albeit temporarily as, like me she always uses dipped beam when driving in rain. Thankyou again for your responses, they are appreciated.