Stopped, a - Question of insurance - oldroverboy.

Tired after a long drive and swmbo suggests driving the last few miles as my concentration wavering. Pulled over and swapped places. Unknown to us seen by plod.. swmbo drives rarely, probably 2nd or 3rd time this year,

Shortly after turned off main road, and as not very used to traffc, slows down a bit.

stopped by plod, been following you a bit,madam, whose car is this etc, driving licence, insurance are you insured to drive, yes she is interject, my car, not speaking to you sir..

well, i am telling you that she is a named driver on this policy with ...... you can check askmids if you want to see policy doc it is in the boot in a bag, We don't take notice of paper docs any more, too many forgeries. i explained that i was tired and swmbo rarely drove and was a bit slower so was that why we were stopped? Just checking sir and madam, wait while i call your insurance company....

Shortly after... apologies....

that's ok officer, and have a nice day.

Did I dream it?

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - Galaxy

I'm surprised they didn't ask her to blow into their little machine.

They usually do; that's the normal reason for stopping you.

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - groaver

I'm unsure if you're annoyed or pleased by it all, orb.

It is good to see that there are still plods out there on the roads checking.

I'm unsure if you're annoyed or pleased by it all, orb.

It is good to see that there are still plods out there on the roads checking.

Well, to put it mildly, I do not enjoy being a passenger with swmbo, so on that basis pleased!

Was actually perfectly courteous too, and i agree, doing his job...

Edited by oldroverboy. on 11/07/2014 at 20:38

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - groaver

I hoped you explained to her that it was HER driving that attracted his attention! ;)

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - Armitage Shanks {p}

Probably best not to go there. Comments can be taken as criticism!

Probably best not to go there. Comments can be taken as criticism!

Correct!

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - nortones2

Not saying anything also qualifies!

Stopped, a - Question of insurance - Avant

"Tired after a long drive and swmbo suggests driving the last few miles as my concentration wavering."

The policeman should have complimented you on such a sensible move. As you understood, a tired driver can be a threat, and the job of traffic police is to encourage safe driving.