Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - bananastand

HERE! I don't know anyone who has regular access to Glass's Guide well enough to borrow a copy. Does anyone know what a good target price is for an X-Trail, 2.5 petrol auto, good spec, average miles, about 2006 or 2007, from a dealer? This territory seems to be murky and I've spoken to some funny sounding dealers, especially near Birmingham, no disrespect to that fine city. The asking prices seem to be all over the place. Actually thinking about it I might go private, but knocking them down in price to compensate for the underlying fault they are no doubt concealing!! Ha ha.

I'm so taken with the idea of getting one of these I might join the X-Trail club. I'm sure there is one!

THANKS CHAPS

am I to infer, from the lack of replies, that you all think I'm a lazy bar steward who should do his own research?

Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - groaver

If you take a trial out with Which, I'm sure you get access to CAP black book..

AA used to offer GG but stopped a while back.

Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - 72 dudes

You could have a look on the Parkers website or www.wisebuyers.co.uk or whatcar.com.

Better still you can get a free service at www.glass.co.uk, but you won't get the full monty like adjustment for spec, extras etc that the dealers have.

Me, I'd get on Autotrader, put in your drop downs (2.5, petrol, auto, max budget, max miles, upt0 7 years old etc and enjoy sifting through the results. Simples!

Do I get my £100 fee now for the consultation? (:>)

Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - kerbed enthusiasm

I have the manual version. Nice car to drive; looks big on the road but is actually quite narrow and (with auto 4wd selected) relatively nimble. Very comfortable but obviously thirsty. Buying an earlier version gets you lower road tax.

Lots of advice on www.x-trail-uk.co.uk

Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - Ethan Edwards

I had an 03 one from new until this year. We ran it on Lpg. My message to you is don't unless you flashlube it. Great car carry anything. We finally replaced it with a Qashqai. .best thing is the Qq corners like its on rails by comparison. If you want an XT buy a diesel your pocket will thank you. As previous poster up to early 06 the VED was from memory 260 quid late 06 same car 420 quid. Its highway robbery isnt it and makes no sense.

Nissan X-Trail 2.5 petrol - how much to pay at a dealer! - kerbed enthusiasm

In response to Ethan: do your calculations before deciding on a diesel. On a low annual mileage there's little cost benefit and the 2.5 petrol is a very willing and reliable unit. Yes, it does pain me when I visit the forecourt but my days of watching the dashboard for 'check engine management' lights are long behind me!

Nice one chaps, I do a lot of miles really but I don't mind having petrol. I'm hostile to the "dieselification" of cars everywhere and I think they are being regulated to death by the lunatics that run the EU.

I actually want a feeling of roominess inside so I might be going off this car now. Okay here comes my new thread about Jeeps....