Peugeot 106 - non starter - clivewoodford

help please before I lose my hair. my son has a r reg 1100 petrol whilst he was driving it cut out just died AA attended and diagnosed crankshaft sensor blew in the connection and it started. 2 days later the same thing happens but this time it wont restart so I changed the sensor with 2 replacements to rule out a dud but no go. So after checking the car over engine cranks normally but no spark and no petrol cross wired pump and that runs ok so not the problem. So I think starter relay changed it no go so maybe a prob with imobiliser so changed out ecu and aerial coil on ignition no go have checked fuel cut off all wire connection and earths all good. I have noticed whilst standing over the engine pondering the meaning of life that the ignition relay clicks open and closed again every 3/4 minutes with no keys in the ignition? ANY ideas gratefully recieved

Peugeot 106 - non starter - elekie&a/c doctor

The immobiliser circuit is matched to the key,engine ecu ,and immobilser control box.The key reader aerial coil is not a matched component.However,I don't think this is the problem,as the immobilser is only needed to start the car and will not cause the engine to cut out whilst running.I would try and find the fuel injection relay.This could be under the engine ecu if this is located behind the r/hand headlight.Check connector here.Also check earth lines usually found on top of gearbox.hth

Thanks for the reply earth lines are good and I've changed the relay but no difference but the relay clicks open then closes every 3/4 minutes with no key in the ignition old relay does the same thing.

I think you need to find somebody that can read live data through the diagnostic socket.I wonder if this could be an ecu fault.Is there any evidence of water ingress to the efi ecu?

The car only had 1 key and slightly dodgey ignition barrel so I changed barrel/coil and ecu from a car that was a runner (rear end dammage) to rule out an ecu fault. Unfortunately no diagnostic socket on this one.

OK update on this one just tested the supply to the crankshaft sensor and there is no live so a broken wire may be the answer does anyone know where the supply comes from?

Peugeot 106 - non starter - Gibbo_Wirral

peugeot.mainspot.net/wiring_diagram.shtml

There is no 12volt live to the crank sensor,it is a magnetic inductive type.It will definitely have a diagnostic socket of some type,if it is not an obd socket behind dash on passenger side,there will be a flylead in the engine bay with either a 2 or 3 pin connector.hth

Thanks for that I may have to tow it down to somewhere to do diagnostics. thought I would test connection to ECU but cannot find a live feed on any pin, would this show on a 12v tester? Have been trying to figure out wiring diagrams to find the feed for the ECU with no luck any ideas, no feed would explain no fuel no spark again many thanks.

Can you post the engine type code?Could be something like KFW.It is in the vin number.

vin plate reads VF31CHDZE51983524 this the right one?

HDZ is what I am looking for.A 1.1 engine with Bosch mono-motronic (single point)injection system.I will check this out.

Many Many Thanks.