Toyota Avensis 1CD-FTV 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - NEW DMF AND CLUTCH - 1ST GEAR CLUTCH JUDDER - VEC786

Hi guys I put a new clutch and flywheel in, all the bolts on flywheel and clutch plate were torqued to manufactures spec.

The new clutch kit was by LuK, the original Toyota one I took out also had LuK stamped on it.

I have done around 130 miles, when I first started it used to judder in reverse and 1st only at biting point,

now it only judders is 1st gear only at biting point, if I put more revs on the judder goes away. vibration comes from engine department and not from pedal.

car has around 160k.

Toyota Avensis 1CD-FTV 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - NEW DMF AND CLUTCH - 1ST GEAR CLUTCH JUDDER - Peter.N.

You might find if you give it a bit of a workout it may cure it, I have had clutches do this especially on diesels as they don't get much work due to the good low down torque, let it slip a bit on a hill say, don't go mad but if you can just take the surface off you may find it will improve.

Toyota Avensis 1CD-FTV 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - NEW DMF AND CLUTCH - 1ST GEAR CLUTCH JUDDER - VEC786

You might find if you give it a bit of a workout it may cure it, I have had clutches do this especially on diesels as they don't get much work due to the good low down torque, let it slip a bit on a hill say, don't go mad but if you can just take the surface off you may find it will improve.

Thank you for the fast reply. Its deffitnetly less than day 1. apparently there is a 'bedding in' phase which I may be going through.

lets hope so, do you have much knowledge of this particular engine.

Toyota Avensis 1CD-FTV 2.0 DIESEL 2004 - NEW DMF AND CLUTCH - 1ST GEAR CLUTCH JUDDER - Peter.N.

I'm afraid not but have had this problem on several different vehicles although its come on with time not immediatly but wearing a little bit of the clutch off usually seems to cure it.

I hope so thank you for your input.

Hi peter 900 miles later, No more judder, Nice biting point too.