vauxhall vectra c - 3 button flip key fob loses programming - carnut1980

my 3 button flip key has been losing its programming lately. It is intermittent. the car will lock/unlock most of the time, but then out of the blue the fob will die, and i will have to unlock manually, setting off the alarm, before putting key in ignition and pressing a button. Although its easy to reprogram, it is annoying, especially late at night. The battery is good (it unlocks from distance). The s****** is happy to relieve me of £130 to make a duplicate. Its my only key and i'm sure there is a better, cheaper way round it! Should i take the fob apart and inspect? cheers all!

vauxhall vectra c - 3 button flip key fob loses programming - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Yes, you should take the fob apart and clean it out! And put a new button cell in whilst you're at it. You don't have to pay big money for a new button cell --- you can get a card of five of them for £1 at the pound shop. After eight years of being dropped, sometimes dropped into deep puddles and once into a bucket of water, my fob gets intermittent. Just taking it apart and reseating the cell and putting it back together again gets it working. Don't be frightened of taking it apart! It's probably a CR2032 or similar inside it. £1 for a card of five. Don't pay more!

vauxhall vectra c - 3 button flip key fob loses programming - Falkirk Bairn

buttons://tinyurl.com/mmnxbme

Might be worth investing a few ££s in a new case.

My son had issues with his remotes for his elderly Lexus. The electronics & battery were fine, the problem seemed to be the buttons. For about £6 he rebuilt the key case, the old electronics, old blade and a new battery (just to be sure!) Bingo all was well.

2 years later his Rav had similar issues and the same course of action worked!