Chrysler Ypsilon - Chrysler Ypsilon Oil change light - Hospicesoo

Hi, Oil change light came on in my car so I took it to my local repair guy who bought in the correct oil to do the change but the oil can and the 'Change the Oil' warnings are still coming on. Does anybody know how I can get rid of them?

Thanks

Chrysler Ypsilon - Chrysler Ypsilon Oil change light - RobJP

First off, and maybe a stupid question, but...

The car is still under warranty (these have only been on the market for 2-and a half years). Now, I know that you can go outside the dealer network for an oil change, and still keep your warranty (under EU law), but if you get a problem outside warranty then any 'goodwill' is only likely if you've had it serviced by a dealer.If it's just been a 'local repair guy' who doesn't do a full VAT invoice, then your warranty won't be valid any more anyway.

So why go outside the dealer network ? Did you ask a dealer for a price for the service ? You might just be surprised by how reasonable dealers can be on servicing prices - after all, they know they've got to compete with independent garages for simple work like that.

As to resetting the light : If your 'local repair guy' is as good as you think, then I'd expect he'd have done that as part of the job; after all, the dealership would have done so.

In short. Do you have a full VAT invoice for the oil change ? If not, then you need to either get one from him, or if he isn't a VAT registered garage, then you need to get the oil change re-done by a proper garage.

Oh : one last thing. If the 'oil can' symbol is on, then check your oil level. NOW. Because that symbol is usually only lit if the oil level or oil pressure is low

Edited by RobJP on 24/06/2014 at 16:45