I have a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa C with an easytronic - Wipers / gearbox relationship - ir_ellis

I have a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa C with an easytronic gearbox.

I think the wipers are beginning to fail (juddering, not parking and running slow) and I suspect I may need a new motor and or linkage but my question pertains to the gearbox and any electrical connection it has to the wipers.

When I turn on the wipers the gear select indicator flashes “F” the engine management light comes on and the car becomes stuck in a single gear even if the gear is neutral or reverse.

When I connect my laptop to the car to check for fault codes I receive the following:

$11and $18 “intermittent unrecognised code”

I can clear the faults and the car will change gear properly for a short time and then I have to clear the code again. After repeating the clearance 5 or 6 times the car works as normal until I need to wipe the screen again.

So how is the gearbox connected to the wipers and is there anything I need to check/be aware of before or while looking into the wiper fault?

I have a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa C with an easytronic - Wipers / gearbox relationship - desres
I have exactly the same problem on a 2003 model. Identical issues and now the wipers have seized and are juddering. The wiper motor is hot! Don't know if needs new motor but again is that linked to the gear box "F"? I really could do with an answer too!