Parking Fine - JOHND154

Just a reminder to drivers when they stay at the Trowell M1 Northbound Travelodge. Beware of the mistake that can easily be made when arriving at this Travelodge. You SHOULD be told by the receptionist to register your car number at the desk, if you are not informed, the following happens:- You receive a Charge Notice from CP Plus a demand for payment of £100 for parking on MOTO land,you then have to go through the hassle of proving to CP Plus that you were parked in the marked bays outside the Travelodge , and a bona fide guest at the Motel.

Another way of ripping off motorists. I think not.... this time.

Parking Fine - RT

That's equally possible at any Travelodge, Premier Inn, etc - not just at motorway services.

Parking Fine - concrete

That's equally possible at any Travelodge, Premier Inn, etc - not just at motorway services.

To use an old quotation by Winston Churchill in the wrong context, but eqaually aposite:

"The price of peace is eternal vigilance" : very true in the case of private parking companies.

Cheers Concrete

Parking Fine - Avant

I stayed at the Travelodge at Borehamwood a few months ago and they made me pay for parking in the hotel's own car park. Very stupid of them as I won't stay there again, and will avoid Travelodges generally unless desperate.

Fortunatelty the Premier Inn round the corner has free parking.

Parking Fine - Bromptonaut

I stayed at the Travelodge at Borehamwood a few months ago and they made me pay for parking in the hotel's own car park. Very stupid of them as I won't stay there again, and will avoid Travelodges generally unless desperate.

I have exactly same issue with TL's absurd charge for wi-fi. It's no longer a niche/premium product FFS, everyone needs it.

Parking Fine - alan1302

I have exactly same issue with TL's absurd charge for wi-fi. It's no longer a niche/premium product FFS, everyone needs it.

They are starting to roll out free 30 mins wi-fi to Travelodges now to be in-line with how Premier Inn works

Parking Fine - Bromptonaut

They are starting to roll out free 30 mins wi-fi to Travelodges now to be in-line with how Premier Inn works

Which is all well and good. Premier's Wi-Fi though I think is £3/day after 3min.

Meanwhile in France the BB chain have FREE wi-fi. OK, it might not be fast enough to run movies but you can surf/email all night.

Parking Fine - galileo

We had a short break in Newquay the other week, virtually every B & B advertised free WiFi.

I guess most of the customers there are young and expect to have the facility.