New Impreza - daveyjp
Today I was passing the local Subaru dealer so I popped in for a look at the new Impreza. An extremely well equipped car, plenty of rear legroom, no electric parking brake, sensible sized petrol engine, 4wd with low range. Mpg is similar to my B class, mid 30s round town. Ideal for me.

They now come with a 5 year warranty and for just shy of £18k on the road it looks excellent value, especially in about 12 months when they will have lost a chunk of depreciation.

The only big downside for me was no spare wheel and speaking to the dealer no option to have one. Yet looking at the car there appears to be room under the false floor for one as I suspect they will be provided in other Countries.

Definately on my "one to consider" list.
New Impreza - Falkirk Bairn

At around £17K is it not a bit pricey for under 120BHP?

OTOH £29K for the STi looks a bargain!

New Impreza - daveyjp
I've just had a quick look at Ford, Toyota, VW and as a 'budget' comparison Hyundai and £17k is the lower end for similar cars with equivalent kit.

BHP doesn't really concern me, my b class has slightly less. Since my last service over 6 months ago my average speed over 6,000 miles is 26mph! Having more power just gets me to the next red light quicker.
New Impreza - Auristocrat

The five year/100,000 mile warranty comprises the standard 3 year/60,000 mile manufacturers warranty plus an extended 2 year/40,000 powertrain warranty provided by the importer - the WRX STI is excluded from the extended powertrain warranty.

Edited by Auristocrat on 02/06/2014 at 20:53

New Impreza - oldtoffee

Warranty excludes the clutch plate apparently.

Having been a passenger in an STi I can confirm that £29k buys you a monstrous level of performance and grip.

New Impreza - A. Badger

I'm in the process of pensioning-off my old Accord (a very satisfying car) and the Imprreza almost perfectly fits the bill as its replacement. Sadly, the performance figures suggest it's underpowered for the sort of winding, rural roads it should excel at.

I think I'll still test drive one, though. And read the reviews with more than idle interest.

New Impreza - Falkirk Bairn

It's a shame that the car has a 1.6 engine - in the USA the std engine is 2.0l - while not a pocket rocket it is more capable.

I have been looking at USA cars of late. My son & his family are moving there for a number of years and looking to buy 2 x cars in August time.

An X5- yes, they now do diesels in the range and ANOther car...... a new Golf was the 1st thought but the car/mosel is still up in the air. No rush as they get a hire car for a month or so to allow them time to buy what they want

New Impreza - groaver
They now come with a 5 year warranty and for just shy of £18k on the road it looks excellent value, especially in about 12 months when they will have lost a chunk of depreciation.

You'd think that wouldn't you?

I looked at a Forester last year but gave up because secondhand they were ridiculously expensive (and only really sold at Subaru delaers).

I hope the Impreza is better value secondhand!