Nissan Note 2011 - High Level Brake Light Failure - jeanh

My high level Brake light has failed. Manual says can only be dealt with by Nissan dealer, presumably at high cost. Is the bulb accessible for a D-I-Y fix please? Also not sure if this is an MOT failure but other two brake lights working fine. Thanks.

Nissan Note 2011 - High Level Brake Light Failure - elekie&a/c doctor

I am sure any competent techie could sort this out,no need for main dealer.It is only an mot failure if none of the high level brake light works.Some cars have multiple bulbs in the high level system and only 50% need to work for a pass.

Nissan Note 2011 - High Level Brake Light Failure - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

I've just Googled that and the 'noteownersclub.co.uk' came up top of the list.

If there are two plastic plugs behind the brake light, flick them out with a flat-blade screwdriver or similar, and look inside. The chap on the forum says that his light unit is on two studs, so you need a socket or box spanner, most likely 10mm, to remove the nuts, then push the studs to push out the light unit. If it's a capless bulb (as it's most likely to be), then it will be a D921B 12v 16w and easy to change. Whilst 21w bulbs are used in the right and left side lamps, it's always a 16w in the high-level one.

If the dealer can change it, then so can you!

www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/high-level-brake-li...l

If it isn't on studs and nuts, it'll be clipped in with a spring blade on each side, like it is on a Ford Fiesta. You'll need a flat-blade screwdriver there to push the spring blades inwards and push the unit outwards.

Edited by MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom on 22/05/2014 at 11:20

Nissan Note 2011 - High Level Brake Light Failure - jeanh

Thanks so much. The note owners club is a real find. We, ll have to get round to dealing with it now.

Nissan Note 2011 - High Level Brake Light Failure - Fernando P

I have changed a rear brake bulb and can confirm that it is a very easy fix as described above.