Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - Steveieb

We need a replacement for our 05 Transit which has been brilliant but no longer suitable for delivering Ride On lawn mowers to customers within a ten mile radius, in view of the roof height.

The new van needs to have a Hi top, wide access for loading ride on mowers via a portable ramp.

The van will be used on these local runs so we have concerns about DPF 's blocking as the van will not benefit from a long run except on the odd occasion.

Understand the Vauxhall/ Renaults have a poor reliability record and have no knowledge of the new Transits. Heard good reports about the Sprinter/Transporter which I'm told are effectively the same van

Can you help please

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - daveyK_UK

Have you considered a Citroen Relay?

With a new face lift Relay due later this year, you should get a decent discount. Fiat and Peugeot sell an identical re-bagged model. All are as reliable as each other bit Citroen and Fiat tend to do the bigger discounts.

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - Steveieb

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would rather not consider going French or Italian in view of their perhaps non deserved reputation.

Thats why I headed the message with the three on the shortlist.

Cheers and thank you!

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - injection doc
I have a 63 plate sprinter and it's proved very good so far. It's a high top
Returns about 34-38 mpg. Smooth quiet and reliable. No DPF issues yet.
Performance is staggering for a van
Can't fault it and heater is excellent in winter

Thanks for this positive recommendation.

Is the Sprinter suitable for short local runs of less than 5 miles?

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - mss1tw

Why don't you get a petrol one? you won't notice any benefits from having a diesel at all.

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - daveyK_UK

Does any manufacturer sell petrol versions of its big vans?

Haven't seen a petrol big van for many years, its getting increasingly rare to see a petrol small LCV.

Sprinter;Transit;Transporter - Which - Hi Top Van for local Deliveries - mss1tw

Does any manufacturer sell petrol versions of its big vans?

Haven't seen a petrol big van for many years, its getting increasingly rare to see a petrol small LCV.

Take a hint from the pros!

"I was speaking to a commercial vehicle mechanic yesterday and he said that the DPF problem is also affecting the van and lorry markets to the extent that large operators are buying up old stock which do not have DPF's fitted and spending up to £40k on refurbishing them before putting them into service."

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=105044