Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - Steveieb

The front speakers of my A4 cut out intermittantly. Increasing the volume can help on occasions.And to add to the pain the radio will suddenly lose the signal only to return when it is switched off and on.

Understand the wiring could be at fault and needs checking in the door area.

Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this annoying fault?

Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - Peter.N.

If both speakers are going off its more likely to be the radio end, pull it out and check the connectors. It could be a fault in the radio of course.

Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - elekie&a/c doctor

The radio system on these has a diagnostic function.This may flag any faults related to short circuit wiring to speakers.It is not unusual on vag models to find issues with wiring from the door pillars to the door.

Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - Steveieb

Thanks for this useful guidance.

Its only the left speaker that is affected.It goes on and off.

Is it possible to pull back the trunking on the door to chassis wiring and check the condition?

Or will the speaker surround pull out?

I don't fancy removing the door card in case I disturb the membrane.

Cheers

Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - Peter.N.

On all the cars I have had the speaker can be removed from the door with no problem. The grill can normally be prised out with a screwdriver which will reveal the speaker and four fixing screws around the edge.

Audi A4 - Front speakers cut out intermittantly - A3 A4

The radio signal problem is probably releated to the aerial amp which is located under the panel above the rear screen, or under the lift down lid at the rear right on an Avant.

I have the same problem with the o/s front speaker which Audi couldn't find a problem with when the vehicle was still under warranty, because its intermittant.

I can cure it by briefly raising the volume, which leads me to suspect its the speaker at fault. I'll strip it down one day when it completely stops working!

You cannot prise the grill off its moulded and you'll break it, you have to take off the door panel, the screws are hidded under the trim strip that runs the length of the door.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNulgKsRX64