1998 Mk4 Fiesta Ghia 1.25 Zetec - Remote Central Locking - parkodrive

This is the same car as my earlier post, and the remote central locking isnt working. When locking/unlocking the car with the key, all the doors lock/unlock fine, yet when Y try to use the remote, nothing happens.

I know the key and the sensor by the interior light both work as I have reprogramed the key 4 or 5 times yet it still doesnt operate the locks. I have also removed the central locking fuse (its not burnt out) from the fuse box for 10 minutes then reprogrammed the key in an effort to reset the system but this also failed.

Are there any other causes that would leave the central locking operational when operated manually?

1998 Mk4 Fiesta Ghia 1.25 Zetec - Remote Central Locking - elekie&a/c doctor

If there is a sensor in the front roof,then i would assume this car has the old style infra red remote locking.Make sure all the doors ,boot and bonnet are fully closed.If you are getting feed back to the key when programming,then it may be a fault within the electronic remote system,any dampness in the roof receiver?

When I programme the key, both the light on the dash and key light up in the same manner. The only damp I am aware of is in the boot lid.

I would have thought that with the receiver responding to the key, then any dampness would prevent it working altogether.

I only got the car a couple of days ago so I'm still going around it checking everything over.

I finally got round to checking the remote locking dome, dry as a bone in there, none of the wires seem damaged, same with the connection on the pcb with the reciever on. Unsure as to what else it could be at this stage, all of the fuses are in good shape too.

The dome in the roof may be accepting the signal from the key,but not activating the central locking module behind the dash.Your cheapest option,if you want to have remote locking,is to buy an add-on aftermarket kit.,which can be bought from around £30 and have it wired to existing system.

How do I get to the Central locking module? I've heard that by disconnecting then reconnecting it, the problem can be solved.

Quicker and easier to disconnect the battery.

Did this last night, remote locking now works a treat, though it now loses power intermitantly when driving. Pretty sure I may have used a tipple too much redex to clean the injectors as it wasnt revving past 3.5k but thats an issues for another day.

1998 Mk4 Fiesta Ghia 1.25 Zetec - Remote Central Locking - breadcaster

I recently acquired the same car, and the remote central locking was working for awhile. I put new batteries in the key remote but now can't get it to work at all. I have tried to follow the programming instructions but the only light (red) on the dash clock blinks continuously and I think it's related to the anti-theft system. Is this the light that's supposed to respond when programming? Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by breadcaster on 28/05/2020 at 15:07