Subaru Legacy - Long life headlamp bulbs - APV
Once again, I'm down to one headlamp on my 06 model Legacy. Changing the bulb is a difficult wrestling match.
Anyone know of a make or type of bulb that lasts?
Subaru Legacy - Long life headlamp bulbs - elekie&a/c doctor
I have always used Osram or Philips ,never seem to have a problem.Are your bulbs h7 single or h4 twin?the former never seem to have such a long life span on some cars .
Subaru Legacy - Long life headlamp bulbs - jgrahampo

My V50 with its dipped lights on all the time are H7. Bulbs last around 6m. I have tried various brands, Aldi, Halfords, Philips, Osram.

Luckily the design is very clever and the headlight assembly pops out to allow easily changed bulbs. In fact it is a doddle.

The longest lasting bulb I think (and I hate to admit it) was the Halfords long life.

I have always used Osram or Philips ,never seem to have a problem.Are your bulbs h7 single or h4 twin?the former never seem to have such a long life span on some cars .

They are H7 bulbs. I've tried a few different brands and 6 months or so seems to be the best I can hope for. I curse the designers who make bulb replacement such a chore. At least someone at Volvo has given the matter a little thought, by the sound of it.
Subaru Legacy - Long life headlamp bulbs - Cyd

Osram do a range of bulbs with "heavy duty" filaments for long life. IIRC they give a 3 year warranty. Search their website. I'm sure I've seen them in an eBay shop recently too.

Subaru Legacy - Long life headlamp bulbs - Cyd

here you go. They call them Ultra Life:

www.osram.co.uk/osram_uk/products/lamps/automotive...p

Although the new Nightbreaker Unlimited range also feature a more robust filament design

www.osram.co.uk/osram_uk/products/lamps/automotive...p

Just ordered some.
Thanks for the tip