Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - groaver

"powered by a 6.6-litre turbodiesel V8 delivering 400PS and 950Nm of torque, although a menu-style set of upgrade options are available, boosting power and torque to 665PS and a whopping 1424Nm."

Gears largely redundant then?

Looks are a bit marmite though!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2014-04/trident.../

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - gordonbennet

Crying out loud, whats 950 or even 1424Nm in real money that i can understand, you know good old lbs ft.

~700 to 1000lb ft

~700 to 1000lb ft

Blimey, my 14 litre Cummins lorry engine put out around 1150 lbsft and pulled comfortably at 70 mph cruise @ 38 tons all day long @ 1100 rpm.

I'd love to try this beast out, hope its got an Allison TC lorry/earthmover geabox, not much else will cope..:-)

I kind of like this even more:

tinyurl.com/o2vflpc

Thanks Groaver, i'd never seen that Merlin engined sort of Bentley before, wonderful machine.

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - dan86

The 6 speed Allison is probably the only auto box for the job with that much torque.

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - craig-pd130

But what about the DPF, though? ;-D

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - Sofa Spud

The styling went a bit wrong aft of the A-pillars!

I remember seeing the original Trident cars at a motor show in the early 1970s, and the Trident Clipper V8 was up there with the Jensen Interceptor on my schoolboy armchair motoring wishlist. Here's why..........

images.conceptcarz.com/imgxra/Trident/67-Trident-C...g

Edited by Sofa Spud on 30/04/2014 at 22:43

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - The-Mechanic

Anyone know if Witter has plans to make a towing bracket for this ? Should make an excellent tow car with all that torque eh, not sure my Thule roof box would look right on the roof though :-)

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - dan86

You could tow your house behind you with all that torque instead of getting a caravan. Lol;-)

Trident Iceni - Talk about torque! - Sofa Spud

Quote:...""my Thule roof box would look right on the roof though :-""

Except passengers might get into the roofox by mistake.