Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - motormouth

1 year old car that has a fault necessitating RAC call out twice. When fault develops car is barely driveable.

At this juncture Dealer is unable to locate fault ( seems to be in electrical connections that RAC mad twiddled with, but dealer says unless they can isolate fault, will not replace under warranty.) The dealer is now going to test drive the car tomorrow to see if they can replicate the fault, but seem to think if they cannot, I should take the car back until it happens again.

I have a hire care provided.

My inclination is to refuse return of the car unless fault is found and corrected. Is this reasonable, as I don't think it is reasonable to expect me to drive the car untill I get stranded again, could be on the motorway next time..

Anyway, some advice would be appreciated if possible

Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - oldroverboy.

You have to give the dealer 3 tries apparently, but,

Call Mazda, be very polite, say what a good job the dealer is doing..... and ask if they can assist the dealer as you are concerned that your safety is at risk.

Is it a diesel?

Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - skidpan

Its a repeat of this thread.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=104951

Obviously not happy with the answeres he was given.

with respect it isn't a repeat thread, and there were not any answers fortcoming.

I originally posted to see if there were any technical suggestions to the problem I had.

I included a waiver that if non were forthcoming, what appeared to be a resolution may help in terms of historic info.

The problem has evolved, and I simply want to know how best to deal with the dealer, what my rights are etc.

As I am now in the hands of the dealer, I want to know what my position is if they appear somewhat reluctant to get their hands dirty and rather than them do something await for me to provoke the fault again at my own inconveinience. I feel they need to do something hands on. The fact the multiplug has been tweaked twice by RAC and cleared the fault suggests that may be the way forward if they cannot get the fault to register on their computer. It's simply not safe to drive a vehicle repeatedly in limp mode in rush hour traffic, and I don't wish to repeat the experience without good reason

The car is indeed a diesel

Edited by motormouth on 29/04/2014 at 20:30

Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - gordonbennet

Did the RAC chap fix the second fault before dropping the car off?

If so i can understand it being difficult for the workshops to find the fault, they should have received the car coughing and spluttering.

If however they received the car in faulty condition, and have somehow fixed it by sheer fluke without having a clue what they did, then i think you're in for a fraught time ahead.

Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - Avant

Previous tales of woe on here about diesel Mazdas have come from older cars than yours; sadly it seems that things haven't improved.

On the other hand I can't remember hearing about a problematiuc petrol Mazda, but there have been plenty of good experiences.

Try to get a Mazda dealer to swap it for a petrol Mazda 3: as these are cheaper to buy new, you could ge a good deal.

Yes , unfortunately the 2nd RAC guy fiddled with the leads/multiplus and seemingly cleared the fault.

If Mazda don't wan't to replace this section of the engine first, I'm not against the idea of swapping it for a petrol variant of equivalent value tbf..I just want a reliable car, I like the Mazda 3..not sure how easy it would be to get them to swap if there is a known fault ?

Edited by motormouth on 29/04/2014 at 21:48

Mazda 3 - My rights under warranty - Armitage Shanks {p}

Getting a "Known Fault" fixed, Mazda recall or service bulletin, is likely to much easier than a car swap but may not be the result you are looking for.