N/A - Old chestnut again - which camera warning system. - focussed

Ok- just about every gps on the market offers some sort of speed camera warning. BTW this is not an advert, I am trying to find out if anybody uses this system, if is it reliable and/or effective, particularly to warn of mobile speed cameras.

www.coyotesystems.co.uk/en/faq-1/getting-the-best-...e

It seems to originate from France, which is where I live. Life on the road over here could shortly get very tedious and expensive as the m****s in charge of road safety here (they call themselves experts) are very likely going to reduce the maximum speed limit on all two lane roads from 90 kmph to 80 kph, thats about 49 mph.

The common view here is that the reason it's being done is to increase revenue from fixed cameras and speed traps - but wrapped up in the usual fluffy road safety message as usual.

The big advantage to this system is the real time reporting of mobile sites, which the standard gps system does not address.

Does anybody have any experience of using this system in the UK, or has any views on this?-apart from the usual if you don't speed you don't get fined rant that is.

N/A - Old chestnut again - which camera warning system. - oldroverboy.

Have a friend who lives in switzerland where he has a real time mobile camera reporting app on his phone, and works for him.

N/A - Old chestnut again - which camera warning system. - barney100

If we all played the game and steadfastly obeyed the motoring laws to the letter the cameras would fade away. It ain't going to happen but I am on a one man crusade....anyone going to join me?

If we all played the game and steadfastly obeyed the motoring laws to the letter the cameras would fade away. It ain't going to happen but I am on a one man crusade....anyone going to join me?

Nope.

Have a friend who lives in switzerland where he has a real time mobile camera reporting app on his phone, and works for him.

It's entirely possible that the app that your friend is using is in fact the Coyote system, I would be very interested to hear what he has to say about it.

www.moncoyote.com/fr/applications-2/icoyote-pour-i...2

N/A - Old chestnut again - which camera warning system. - alan1302

he common view here is that the reason it's being done is to increase revenue from fixed cameras and speed traps - but wrapped up in the usual fluffy road safety message as usual.

It will be partly for that reason - nice easy way to make money