Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 auto 60 plate - Loss of power/no warning lights/useless dealer - dieselweasel

Please help. Got this car s/h at christmas and its started playing up. Within a couple of miles from home, after coasting, you put your foot down and its lost power. Stopping and putting it into neutral, the engine slowly revs to 2800rpm and stays there. If you stop the engine and restart, its fine - indicating something electrical. But there are no warning lights illuminated. Economy on the coimputer also drops markedly when the loss of power occurs.

Its also developed a resonance under power at 1500rpm since they looked athe EGR valve - which they said was fine.

Itas done this twice whilst joining the mway and I consider it dangerous !

Dealer has changed ECU and air mass meter (this was flagged in the ECU) but the fault still persists. I'm going to try and reject it but if its a known and simple fix.....

PS Dealer is useless

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 auto 60 plate - Loss of power/no warning lights/useless dealer - Collos25

Its going into LHM most usual is a faulty EGR valve I suggest you or the garage change it even to rule the part out of the equation.The MAF will flag in the ECU as soon as the car goes into LHM it is pretty obvious if all is to believed the garage does not have a clue perhaps they should be mending shuttlecocks.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 auto 60 plate - Loss of power/no warning lights/useless dealer - barryrob

I have 2011 plate 2.2. auto diesel (29K) and am experiencing similar problems. Now happened 5 times in last 200 miles (pulling away in slow moving traffic or from a junction and once when commencing to overtake). No warning light is displayed. Dealer has to date (June 16 2016) so far failed to diagnose fault as nothing recorded and they have failed to replicate after keeping car for a week! Now been with them twice and about to go in for the third time. It is very dangerous indeed and leaves me with a vehicle I am very unhappy to drive .I note that there are a number of similar issues reported on various web sites. Surely Hyundai must know by now what is causing this. Is it the EMS which they are reluctant to change due to cost!!!! Would they rather leave me in danger. First occurred a few weeks before warranty expired so I maintain they should fix under warranty. Certainly put me off getting another SUV from Hyundai.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 auto 60 plate - Loss of power/no warning lights/useless dealer - barryrob

I have 2011 plate 2.2. auto diesel (29K) and am experiencing similar problems. Now happened 5 times in last 200 miles (pulling away in slow moving traffic or from a junction and once when commencing to overtake). No warning light is displayed. Dealer has to date (June 16 2016) so far failed to diagnose fault as nothing recorded and they have failed to replicate after keeping car for a week! Now been with them twice and about to go in for the third time. It is very dangerous indeed and leaves me with a vehicle I am very unhappy to drive .I note that there are a number of similar issues reported on various web sites. Surely Hyundai must know by now what is causing this. Is it the EMS which they are reluctant to change due to cost!!!! Would they rather leave me in danger. First occurred a few weeks before warranty expired so I maintain they should fix under warranty. Certainly put me off getting another SUV from Hyundai.

Now resolved by a knowledgeable Hyundai dealer (the first one was useless) The problem was with the EGR valve which has been replaced at approx £500 cost and now the car feels like new in acceleration generally and the fuel consumption is 10% improved. Am awaiting decision from Hyundai as to if they will honour the warranty.

Update on my 2011 plate EGR valve problem. Hyundai refunded 50% of the cost of valve replacement as the fault was first reported before expiry of warranty. In my opinion they should have refunded full cost. I expressed my concern to them that whilst one Hyundai dealer was completely ignorant of the cause of the power loss another immediately identified the problem. Unfortunately my first visit was to the Hove dealer who had no idea and told me to keep driving vehicle and come back to them when fault re occurred and they hoped such would be identified on diagnosis. So I drove it and put myself in danger as power loss became frequent and the warranty then expired. WHY I ask did Hyundai dealers country wide not know of the reason and how to fix it.Poor show Hove and Hyundai Head Office. But my thanks to the dealer in Seaford are due.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 auto 60 plate - Loss of power/no warning lights/useless dealer - Quoth

Thanks for the feedback on this one - not often we hear the outcome of someone's issues.

Well done to the dealer who sorted it!