Ford Mondeo Estate - Dipped beam circuit - Englishbullterrier

Hi All,

Blew a nearside dipped beam bulb recently (think it was an H7) in my '04 Mondeo TDCi 130 Estate.

Replaced bulb but metering at the back of the bulb, there's no 12v feed (offside is working just fine).

Unfortunately I don't have a manual/circuit diagram.

There's a pair of 7.5a fuses in the fuse panel adjacent to the battery that have the 'headlight drawing' next to them. However, they both meter fine.

Can anyone help with wiring diagram/fuses/relays for this b***** ?

Many thanks...............ebt

Ford Mondeo Estate - Dipped beam circuit - elekie&a/c doctor

My handbook shows fuses #16 and 18 for the headlight dip beam,engine bay fusebox.Take them out to check them .

As I mentioned in my op, both fuses are fine, neither blown.

What I'd like to know if these fuses are fed from a single power feed (say from a single output relay) or individually fed with power from (say) a double output relay.

If the latter, it could be a relay.

If not, as soon as I get a dry day, I will have to start metering the fuse panel to see if the input sides of the fuses are getting power.

If they are, and the nearside fuse is intact, I'll need to meter from the output side of the fuse to the bulb socket !

Anyone got a circuit diagram at all please ?............ebt

It is a single output relay,so both bulbs feed from the same contact.If you took the headlight out to replace the bulb,the easiest way,are you sure the connector to the headlight is clicked fully home?It is a simple circuit with no complications.

Ford Mondeo Estate - Dipped beam circuit - Peter.N.

If all else fails fit a relay driven by the other headlight.

Thanks HTH, f'ing freezing and damp out there now, but will meter it when weather permits. As mentioned, I'll meter the input to the fuses just to ensure I have power in, and then from the output side to the bulb connector.

Thanks also Peter,N. for the suggestion of using a simple relay, from the offside feed, to power the nearside............ebt

Will update again later.

FFS, I must have been metering the wrong bulb holder (I had the assembly turned around for access) !!!

Anyhoo, I metered again today, after checking I had 12v feed to both fuses, and damn it, I did have 12v at the bulb, and the earth was good too.

Turns out my motor factor sold me a duff bulb, as I awapped o/s to n/s and the fault moved.

The internals of the H7b look perfect so there must be an open somewhere in the base !

Moral, test the bulb first !

Thanks everyone........ebt

Good show,standard rules;buy cheap,buy twice!!

Buy cheap ! Never. Good quality bulb from a well known local motor factor.

(Replaced F.O.C., no receipt or box and a spare one given too) !