Ford Fiesta Flight 1.3 Endura E (mk4 02) - Lumenition / Splitfire / Magnecor HT Leads - jduck1979

Anyone know which set of these I'd have to order when I'm ready to get them?

Would prefer these sort (to customise the engine compartment a bit with Blue leads) if possible, but of the many things searchable on the internet, these seem to be the hardest to find.

Otherwise doesn't matter and I'll just make do with the Herth & Buss (51278620) black ones listed on Eurocarparts that are 760mm / 820mm / 880mm / 930mm... seen a set also on EuroCarParts for Endura engined Ford Ka's exactly same length (and another set that's different)..... but not sure if they're exactly the same... I know you can get Lumenition/Splitfire/Magnecor lead sets for the Ford Ka, but it doesn't mention if they fit my Fiesta too.

Was looking at the Lumenition ones at Demon Tweeks (just would be listed in Inches while Eurocarparts has the Herth+Buss ones in metric), and getting 1x 30" (762mm) lead & 3x 36" (914.4mm) leads, but still not 100% positive with the one of the ones in the set listed on Eurocarparts being a teensy bit longer (930mm / 36.614") wasn't sure in case one of them ended up a bit short (unless I route it a bit different?).

Current plug leads (image) look like they've never been changed in the 52,427 miles the car had done before I got my hands on it (and no mention of them or the Spark plugs being done on any of the Invoices or service stamps that came with the car either).......

Ford Fiesta Flight 1.3 Endura E (mk4 02) - Lumenition / Splitfire / Magnecor HT Leads - Cyd

You appear to be interested in the look. I, on the other hand, would only be interested in performance.

And, for performance, Magnacor.

I tried several makes on my Rover Vitesse Sport and all failed due to the incredible heat from the turbo. Magnacor KV85s though lasted 10 years and 90k and still performed and looked like new.

Ford Fiesta Flight 1.3 Endura E (mk4 02) - Lumenition / Splitfire / Magnecor HT Leads - jduck1979

I'm interested in performance as well as the look, but more concerned about trying to figure out what will fit as none of the lead manufacturer's application lists specifically mention if they'll fit my car... They mention the Ford Ka that also has the Endura E engine, but not the Fiesta with the same lump under the bonnet... and based on the lead lengths I got for the ordinary black things that Eurocarparts are flogging, aren't sure if the longest Lumenition lead I found would end up being about 16mm (0.63 inch) too short going to one of the plugs.

Already tried same question at Ford Owners Club + Fiesta Owners club forums, and not much help getting a reply there.

Ford Fiesta Flight 1.3 Endura E (mk4 02) - Lumenition / Splitfire / Magnecor HT Leads - skidpan

If you speak to Magnacor they will help ensure you get the right bits, they even sell direct.

Performance leads like these make no noticable difference compared to a set of OEM leads on an ordinary road car. Where they give benefit is when the car is used on trackdays, racing etc as the higher quality materials mean they perform at their peak level for longer at the higher temps encountered.

But don't buy cheap leads, they are waste of money.

Edited by skidpan on 22/04/2014 at 12:28