Peugeot 406 - Peugeot 406 D8 2.1TD Cooling fans not working - lamlam

Hi froggers!

Has anyone else had trouble with their cooling fans? Mine arent working the way they should and actually dont come on at all no matter what the water temperature is. I replaced the temp sensor which made no difference. When I unplug the temp sensor (brown plug) which is mounted beneath the fuel filter, the fans kick on at full speed at the same time so I know the fans work. Also, when I turn on the a/c the fans run at low speed but the car still gets hot on the freeway or going up hills.

The next step is the check the relays, does anyone know where they are and what they look like?

Thanks in advance!

Peugeot 406 - Peugeot 406 D8 2.1TD Cooling fans not working - elekie&a/c doctor
The relays for the fans are located in a plastic box attached to the front of the cooling fan housing.these can suffer with rotten or corroded wiring.However if the fans work ok on full speed and ok when the ac is on,tends to suggest that the circuit could be ok.the fan circuit is fairly involved on these,as the ac an fan system is controlled by a small control unit located behind the left hand headlight,next to the fuse box.I think you need to check actual live data of coolant temp to verify if the system is overheating.