New Nissan X-Trail - Trilogy

So much better looking than the last one. Just hope they soon import the new Pathfinder.

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-nissan-x-t...d

New Nissan X-Trail - groaver

The Qashqai has called; it wants its design back!

How very BMW of you Nissan.

And Audi, Range Rover etc. Must be great fun (not) being a car designer today trying to get each model to look at exactly like the others.

New Nissan X-Trail - Ethan Edwards

I liked the old Xtrail. So much so I owned the same one for eleven years.

Now I have a Qashqai and am enjoying a modest reduction in running costs. But essentially the new XT is a restyled new Qashqai and it looks like it too.

And Audi, Range Rover etc. Must be great fun (not) being a car designer today trying to get each model to look at exactly like the others.

Very true of the others as well.

More details www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/full-new-nissa...s

Good looking vehicle, so much better than the last one.

Yet at the back of your mind, "How many shared parts with a Renault?".

New Nissan X-Trail - Snakey

I quite liked the boxy look of the old one!

New Nissan X-Trail - xtrailman

I like the box shape having owned two over 9 years, but many people don't i think they want style while the xtrail always had function, excellent in car storage, the original T30 being the best for towing and rear view vision, it was the easist car i have ever owned for reverse parking.

I'm afraid the cost of fuel and Ved has forced some of the changes, reduced ride height being one.

Don't worry about any Renault input, my last xtrail was a Renault engine, and was 100% reliable.

The T32 xtrail will hopefully be offered with the Renault twin turbo diesel, which for a 1.6cc produces around 250 poundfeet of torque at 1500 rpm, and 280 at 1750rpm, should be a great tow car.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/renault-unveils-160ps-twin-turbocharged.html

Should give my CX-5 some competition.

New Nissan X-Trail - SteveLee

Yet at the back of your mind, "How many shared parts with a Renault?".

Like Renault's excellent 1.5 Dci engine? Far less troublesome than most (particularly German) rivals. How many Nissan Navara's with their "proper" Nissan D22 engines went bang? Or older X-trails with their exploding Nissan T30s? Thousands upon thousands. Renaults are built to a price and they can have niggly problems - but mechanically their engines are usually pretty good.

We have 4 11 plate Clios 1.5 diesels on our fleet.

New they were good. At 25k one has an engine that sounds like nails have been released inside of it.

Another has various broken plastic fittings on the interior and one has brakes that squeal when the steering wheel is turned in either direction.

All have had their routine servicing on time.

They feel like they have done 75K+ miles and feel tired.

They are the poorest make on the fleet, Peugeots included.

New Nissan X-Trail - SteveLee

How can turning a steering wheel make the brakes squeal? Know a lot about cars then do you? If it has electric power steering them the belt driving the alternator is loose - if it has conventional power steering then the drive belt for the power steering pump is loose - shows the quality of the servicing they've had.

I never said Renaults were premium cars - I said "built to a price" - but unlike some premium brands they haven't had a list as long as your arm of exploding engines.

Nope, never said I was technically proficient but it isn't the belts, it sounds like brakes that are binding.

The servicing could be questionable but the other makes on the fleet haven't aged anything like these 4.