mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - johnwj

I bought a 320 CLK elegance in 2001 it being reg in 1999 with 20K miles on the clock from my local MB dealer and it has given me no problems apart from replacing a dual air mass filter 2-3 years ago and now has 95K on the clock and MB dealer serviced all along. It is still driving really very well and everything works. It has had some (to be expected) anti rust work done a couple of times over the past 4 to 5 years to the wheel arches at the back mainly. But the time has now come to move on to a E350 bluetec coupe or cab and I can't decide as yet which one. The CLK would only be worth around 1K on a Px and I wondered if you thought it might be worth selling it to a CLK club of some sort as I would hate to see it going to the crusher....!....if I had enough room I would seriously contemplate keeping it even though I know it wont become any sort of classic.

mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - barney100

I have one...2000 with 252k...no rust. I had the odd twinge of newer car but have just given mine a spring clean and had the Cabriolet roof cleaned. I am now a keep it 'til it goes expensively wrong but so far it just keeps going. Can't see any point in changing it at the moment: used the newer car cash to buy some premium bonds....even won £25.

mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - gordonbennet

I'd try selling it privately, don't see any reason why it shouldn't fetch a fair price, its got the history and the mileage and good previous ownership plus TLC, try it on the MB owners forums first.

Nice car, proper engine, proper gearbox, if my older W124 320 coupe wasn't in such good nick i'd be beating a path to your door then next stop my LPG man, Benz's take very well to LPG.

mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - John F

....and it has given me no problems apart from replacing a dual air mass filter 2-3 years ago and now has 95K on the clock.......... It has had some (to be expected) anti rust work done a couple of times over the past 4 to 5 years to the wheel arches at the back mainly. .......

Clearly a superfluous 't' in 'trusty'. Our 14yr old Ford with 99K has a better record than this. I do sometimes wonder from the posts on this site extolling old MBs whether the delusion of their superiority is contagious?

mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - Jase
Proper old Mercs before the W210s are superior. It is models such as the W126, W124 and W140 that people are referring to when they say this. The OP doesn't appear to be under any delusion his CLK is superior and the majority of contributors on this forum aren't deluded about the quality of Mercs from this period.
mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - barney100

I agree, nowhere does the original post claim any 'superiority', merely says he is very satisfied with his ownership experience.

mercedes CLK elegance - moving on from my trusty CLK - KB80

He even admits it won't become any kind of classic, I think he's actually very level headed and realistic and just wanted to share his own positive experience. Hardly deluded!