MINI one - Engine cutting out - 4JB

My neighbour has a MINI one - (petrol) and has owned it about 1 year from new in 2013. From day one since she had it she complained that it cuts out when stopping at junctions and lights,also occasionally when driving slowly in traffic and soon after pulling away from slowing.. She has to go through a full start procedure each time. It has been back to the dealers several times - they have said there is no fault! She is rightly concerned that it could be dangerous, and is frustrated at the dealer's lack of response.

Has any one had similar experience? I note a lot of posts about the desiel versions cutting out. Is it one eco-feature too far?

MINI one - Engine cutting out - mini_becky25
My Mini One 2007 (petrol) has also done this ever since I bought it in 2011. I have mentioned this problem to the mini garage and others several times but have not ever received a clear answer as to what is causing this. Initially I was told it was because of the lack of fuel.

Anyway, in 2012 (exactly a year of owning the car and on the day the warranty ran out) the engine light came on, I took the car into the mini garage and there was a problem with the timing of the camshaft and it had a new exhaust valve adjustment unit fitted and exhaust solenoid valves (I don't know much about cars but this is what is stated on the bill). Thankfully this seemed to fix the problem.

However, it has resurfaced last week 05/05/14 where the revs lowered and the engine cut out at a junction. I restarted it and shortly after the engine light came on. I rang my recovery company who said it was down to too much oxygen in the fuel. He deleted the error code and the engine purred like a kitten and I drove it home without any problems.

Then, on Friday I drove home and noticed that the engine was cutting out again at traffic lights/junction with the addition of a repetitive thumping noise coming from underneath the car on the drivers side. Had car checked at nearest garage, been told that the whole engine may need replacing but without the error code (which was deleted) they wouldn't know for sure. So I am waiting to find out the damage from Mini tomorrow.

My advice is, get it sold now!
PS: Does it go through a lot of oil?
MINI one - Engine cutting out - Hamsafar
I rang my recovery company who said it was down to too much oxygen in the fuel.

They sounds crazy.

MINI one - Engine cutting out - alysha friel
Did you find a solution to this??

I have the same mini as you, also 2007 and it keeps cutting out on me usually whilst slowing down at junctions or in the middle of roundabouts, but it also cut out on me yesterday doing 65mph on a motorway! I wasn’t even slowing down so I’m not sure why it happened.
I had the O2 sensor fixed a few weeks ago and had a full service two weeks ago and the problem is still happening, everyone keeps telling me it’s just the way I drive because there’s no problems coming up but surely it’s not?

I’ve also had to refill my oil about 3/4 times since November because, 2 of those times have been within 3 weeks of each other because it has been completely empty.
There’s no leak either apparently so I have no idea what’s going on??
MINI one - Engine cutting out - mini_becky25
Sorry I meant to say lack of oil NOT fuel