Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - gluv5301

I'm looking to buy a 307. I have approx. £3000, to spend. I want a diesel, Could you recommend which model to go for.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - getafix

If you choose a diesel avoid the 110hp version. The 90hp Hdi has no dual mass flywheel and no particle filter and is both economical and reliable.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - daveyK_UK

The 307 is a dog.

avoid.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - Avant

Perhaps you would tell us a little more about why you want a 307 and a diesel. Many of us on here would be inclined to suggest something else, but this may annoy you if you're set on a 307.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - Trilogy

Perhaps you would tell us a little more about why you want a 307 and a diesel. Many of us on here would be inclined to suggest something else, but this may annoy you if you're set on a 307.

Indeed. A 307 is a delight to drive, but I always reject them on perceived reliability issues.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - gluv5301

I live in France and running costs for home grown cars are generally cheaper. Having previously owned a 406 diesel I just went down the same road,however I am open to all suggestions, I just want something cheap to run and easy to sell on.

Many thanks for all replies

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - Trilogy

Personally, I'd go with another 406. They have a reputation of going on forever. You'll know how good they are to drive and travel in. I'd buy one if if the seats were not so soft or have a tendency to sag so much, going on all I viewed.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - Gibbo_Wirral

I've had a few 307s and the 90bhp pre-facelift model as close to the changeover date is probably one of the best.

For spec levels look for an SE, LX or GLX and you'll have armrests, all round discs, all round electric windows, climate control and cruise control.

I began to write a buyer's guide but never finished it. Here are the key points:

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/356793-post3.html

There are a couple of common faults which plague the car, but they're very well documented and cheap to sort. The ABS judder issue for example.

As for reliability, I can guide you to many owners who own big milers and have had little or no trouble. My brother, for example, is on 201,000 miles and counting for his 2002 307 estate. You only encounter trouble when you buy cheap and get something with little or no history.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 28/03/2014 at 13:46

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - artill

If you go for a 406, get one in 'Executive' spec. The seats are completely different, and are neither too soft, nor deform with age, and are also really comfy.

I too would so as Trilogy suggests and get another 406.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - Avant

"I live in France and running costs for home grown cars are generally cheaper."

If that''s the case it would explain - along with an element of patriotism - why the French favour the home-grown product much more widely than we do (and that was true even when our motor industry was predominantly British-owned).

I can't see why a 307 would be any more or less reliable than a 406, but for £3,000 you'd be best advised to go for a car that appears well looked after and has a service history.

Peugeot 307 - Best Buy - jamie745

I had two 406's, they were both very decent motors. The 406 did very well over here in Britain and Peugeot would've been best served keeping it in production for another few years. I think they accidentally made a very solid car because most seem to go on forever. There's a taxi firm near me still using an X reg one with over 300k on it.