Honda Jazz 2007 1.4 DSI SE - Honda Jazz Engine Rattle On Acceleration / Revving - N3wb1e

Hi everyone, just bought a second hand Jazz, 50,500 miles 2007 reg car (a week ago). Upgraded from a Corsa, primarily based on Honda's well known reliability. Full Honda Service History, 1 previous owner. Noticed a rattle / tapping type sound on acceleration, I can sometimes hear it very clearly when the car is parked up and I rev it lightly, seems to kick in around 2,000 + revs. It is very noticeable when the car is warm (after my 28 mile commute home). Almost sounds similar to the timing belt rattle I had on the Corsa (but not as loud). Its different to the ticking sound the engine has anyway, hard to hear it when the car is running as the other engine / road noises drown it out, but when parked up it seems noticeable. Strange thing is its not a constant noise, I heard it when parked up, with my window down - decided to drive to my mechanic to book car in, and tried to get the noise back outside the mechanics and it was purring like a kitten.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be. The car has a 3 month warranty (not bought from Honda dealer) but I suspect that's not worth the paper its written on. Aside from that noise, very happy with my purchase!! Thanks in advance.

Honda Jazz 2007 1.4 DSI SE - Honda Jazz Engine Rattle On Acceleration / Revving - simty

I have a similar probem. Did you ever get to the bottom of where this noise was coming from? Mine seems to be coming from the front passenger side.

Honda Jazz 2007 1.4 DSI SE - Honda Jazz Engine Rattle On Acceleration / Revving - keithd

You could check if the heat shield on the exhaust is correctly attached as this can rattle if it contacts the exhaust.