Vx Omega Airbag light ON - Rosanbo
I need to reset it. It is only on because I turned the ignition on with airbag removed. As far as I can tell my options are

Take it to a VX dealer for 45 pounds

Buy an Omitech meter (orange) for 300 pounds to read the code and reset the light.

Find a garage locally (Cardiff) who has one of these and will do the job presumably cheaper than Vauxhall.

What I really want to do is to understand how the Omitech meter does the job, presumably it plugs into the diagnostic port, if not what port does it plug into?

What I can't understand is why there is not more information about how to read the airbag codes in a DIY sense.

My car also has one 16 pin diagnostic port in the fuse box and one 10 pin diagnostic port?? in the engine bay on top of the suspension strut next to the brake fluid resevoir i.e. drivers side of engine bay. What is this 10 pin port for? I would really like to know.

It must be possible to do this airbag thing in a DIY manner, same as it is possible to read the P-Codes. Someone must know how to do this.

Vx Omega Airbag light ON - Rosanbo
This reply is a "bump" more than anything else, but I can report that I have found independant auto electrical garages willing and able to do this for 15 - 20 pounds.

I would still think it is possble to do it by shorting the relevant pins as a DIY effort.