Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec - Ford Focus 1.8tdci Servicing 2004 Model - dirtyred619

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec 2004 as a general runaround. It's got just over 50,000 miles on it and has got full service history having been done every year (8 stamps) regardless off mileage (average works out at a servive every 6,250 miles). Happy with it so far, everything seems to be as it should and it's running well. Although the servicing has been slightly excessive, I would like to keep it well serviced so plan on getting it done in the next month or so. Is there anything else that I should look to be changing/getting looked at whilst it's in for a service?

Cheers

Mike

Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec - Ford Focus 1.8tdci Servicing 2004 Model - skidpan

Is there anything else that I should look to be changing/getting looked at whilst it's in for a service?

Cam belt is 10 years or 100,000 miles on a Ford. On a 10 year old car regardless of the mileage its due.

Its not cheap but its a lot cheaper than getting it fixed after it breaks.

Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec - Ford Focus 1.8tdci Servicing 2004 Model - slkfanboy

Well worth getting it done and check the water pump at the same time

Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec - Ford Focus 1.8tdci Servicing 2004 Model - dirtyred619

Thanks for the replies. In my excitement of buying the car I've put 2004 when it's actually a 2005 (registered May 2005) so it's just under 9 years old. I keep getting mixed up as it's the last of the older shape models as they were changed as you'll all know that year. Anyway I've spoken with the garage I use and this service it's due is a major one so I'll get that done as it's £195. The garage comfirmed it's 100,000 or every 10 years for the cam belt etc so I'll see when I take it in for the service what he thinks I should do.