kia venga 2012 - transmission problem - chris avo

I was wondering if any one knew of any known issues with the transmission on the kia venga.

Thanks

Chris

kia venga 2012 - transmission problem - skidpan

I was wondering if any one knew of any known issues with the transmission on the kia venga.

Thanks

Chris

Never seen many transmission issues on Kias except for very old Sportage and Sorento 4 x 4's that have done high milages, been abused and not maintained

If you have any problems take it to your dealer. Warranty should sort it (unless you have let the servicing lapse).

Hi, have been struggling with dealers and kia to accept the problem. Although dealers have tested several identical cars which all exhibit the same metallic rattle when changing gears as mine they still, after 8 months, claim I am not driving the car properly. So am now in process of working out if they are fobbing me off.

Cheers

Chris

If you are a member of the AA or RAC they may affer a service where they can get an expert to test the car. Other than that you may have to pay an expert to report if its a serious problem.

But why worry. The car is only 2 years old, its under warranty for another 5 years and providing you keep it serviced if at somepoint it breaks they will have to fix it.

Hi I agree, my only option may be too get an independent report. Just trying to gauge if it was a known issue before commuting to spending money on report. May be better to get rid and buy something else. Sounds drastic but on one inspection they found the clutch plate to be loose. Also with the missus regularly driving with kids I don't like the idea of her breaking down somewhere. Not only that but one would assume 7 year warranty would cover any problems, but reading their owners forum gives the impression getting warranty done is difficult.

Cheers chris

Thank you skidpan for your replies, much a appreciated.

If I can briefly explain the problem then yourself or other technical boffins out there may be able to shed some light.

When changing up through the gears when the engine is under load, usually uphill, a short metallic rattle noise is heard. The noise sounds like it is coming from the left of the driver position and to the front. It only happens after I have engaged the gear and I am reapplying the accelarator, not when putting into gear. Also, not sure if related, when travelling under any condition and the engine is at 2000 - 2500 rpm there is a constant rattle which sounds like someone scrunching up tinfoil.

It may be something minor which would ease my concerns.

Thank you in anticipation for any help.

Chris

Not only that but one would assume 7 year warranty would cover any problems, but reading their owners forum gives the impression getting warranty done is difficult.

Kia, like all manufacturers do not cover clutches unless its a manufacturing defect. These normally become obvious fairly quickly, had a Golf clutch replaced with no argument in a similar case.

A vast majority of people with Kias get warranty work done with no issues. The people who don't have normally not kept the servicing up to date and have given Kia a get out of jail free card. Also remember that whilst a few dissatisfied owners will vent their thoughts on forums very few delighted people will bother. In one recent case on a Kia forum one chap is getting a new engine following a blow up after 6 years.

Selling the car will cost you far more than a new clutch would should you have to pay, and who can say that the replacement car would be fault free.