citreon synergie - allenp
i have disconected my battery on my p reg citreon synergie, and now i can't start it due to the imobiliser having the red and green light on. i have tried leaving the ignition on for over an hour, disconecting the imobiliser box and a few variations of the two.HELP. I have only just had the car and know very little about it, so any suggestions might help.
Many thanks

Phil.
citreon synergie - gkcquality
I had an "N" reg ulysse which is basically the same car. It suffered from broken wires in the short loom which connects to the drop down keypad and it sounds like this is your problem, it just co-incided with disconnecting the battery cause I don't remember there being any problem with doing that but maybe someone else will tell you otherwise. You have to dismantle a little of the dash to get into the loom to repair it but it isn't too difficult. The keypad section is part of the main loom and you can't just replace part of it. The problem will be making sure you connect any broken wires back up correctly. The were all orange coloured but had an ident code marked along the side which you need to check both sides of the break. Obviously if only one wire is broken it's easy but there are usually several. Best to trim back the insulation and solder the joint carefully, then insulate. It wil probably break again eventually. I decided to leave the damn thing down then it wasn't getting flexed. It is a crap design and they knew. Eventually ditched it for a key immobiliser. From memory you can get a repair loom for a pug 405 which can be used if your loom is really duff but most garages do what I have suggested. You might need to check the wires carefully as it is possible that they have fractured internally but the insulation looks OK. By the way, you will probably need to repace the track rod ends a few times. The originals will not last long for sure. The trim is also very fragile on the sliding doors. Plastic tends to break very easily. Driving the big Fiat was always great for its size and the Citreon isn't any different. Good luck
citreon synergie - tmc_smith
Hi,

I've got the same thing on Citroen ZX turbo-diesel P-reg. Did you ever manage to fix the problem?

Cheers, Tom.