Astra 1.7cdti 04 pre facelift - Astra1.7cdti engine code p100 and p110 up with spa - kentspur

hi my car had bad starting problems it was diagonised as low pressure from the fuel pump which i changed by getting one from a breakers the car it came off was low mileage.

It cured the starting problems but now the spanner light comes on , originally with codes p100 and p110 we cleared this with our cheap hand held but the spanner light is still on, sometimes it goes out but more often its on, the car drives fine as is not in limp mode.

Why would this happen only after changing the pump and cambelt?

And can someone point me in the right direction to get it turned off.

cheers

Astra 1.7cdti 04 pre facelift - Astra1.7cdti engine code p100 and p110 up with spa - Railroad.
I'd start by rechecking the pump timing. The base setting must be correct otherwise the ECU may not be able keep within its parameters.
Astra 1.7cdti 04 pre facelift - Astra1.7cdti engine code p100 and p110 up with spa - The-Mechanic

There was a problem with poor earthing on the yellow earth wire to the MAF on the 1.8 petrol engined Astras, Vectras etc with the ECU on top of the engine. There may be a possibility your diesel has the same fault ? I'm sure the 1.7 cdti ECU is fitted above the engine on a bracket where the heat of the engine can slowly 'cook' it causing problems.

Check the wiring to the MAF and test for continuity on the yellow earth wire if it has that colour in the harness, if not, get a wiring diagram and find what colour it is. The usual fix is to add another wire, connected as close to the MAF connector as possible and earth it to improve connectivity.

Give it a go and see if it cures it ?