Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - astra-rab
Have mayo in rocker cover dosent use water or oil. I am going to take rocker cover off will i need to replace gasket
Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - Cyd

I found a dose of Wynns Engine Flush for Diesel did the trick in my wifes C1. When I took off the cam cover with the intention of cleaning out the mayo mechanically, it had gone.

The C1 must be prone, because some mayo has returned despite a 15 mile each way commute.

I didn't have to change the gasket because it was a rubber one, but don't know about your car.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - Railroad.
It's oil condensation due to either the engine running too cool or the car is used for short trips.
Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - jc2

Or the orifice that controls crankcase ventilation is partially or fully blocked.

Where is the orifice
Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - bathtub tom

I think you'll find he means the PCV (Pressure Control Valve). It sits between the breather and inlet manifold.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - jc2

On a Fiat,I once found the manifold connection completely bunged up with muck;cleaning it out got rid of the "mayonnaise".PCV can also mean "Positive Crankcase Ventilation".

I also have a slight judder any ideas ppl
Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - andyp

These Astras were notorious for running cool due to an oversized radiator. As previously recommended get the breather system cleaned out then have the oil changed. If the car only does short trips try and give it one 20 mile run a week at speed to get it good and warmed up.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol 1.6-8v 03 reg - Mayo in rocker cover - bathtub tom

>>These Astras were notorious for running cool due to an oversized radiator.

Don't all cars have oversized radiators? They wouldn't be able to provide adequate cooling in hot weather otherwise.

Surely the cooling is controlled by the thermostat?