Ford Fiesta 2012 - Rim protect tyres - Arb

I have to change tyres after only 30000 kms, the current tyres I am not fond of for several reasons, Continental Premium Contact 2 195/50/15.

I want to buy some Goodyear efficient grip but on special they have them only with rim protect; my car doesn't have alloy wheels, can I use them on steel rims? and could it pose a problem with the factory wheel covers; which incidentally have never fitted all that well against the rim.

I think I remember once reading negative comments about rim protect tyres?

Thanks

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Rim protect tyres - Cris_on_the_gas

It should be fine to use these tyres on Steel rims, just make sure the rims are not damaged and are cleaned off any corression etc beforee fitting. Asfar as i am aware a compident tyre fitter would do this anyway.

Good idea with wheel trims is to additionally secure them with a couple of cable ties.

Also for front wheel drive car put the new tyres on the rear and move the rear to front if wheel sizes allow

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Rim protect tyres - bathtub tom

Why bother with wheel trims. I always remove them from any car I buy and only put them back when it's time to sell - they look nice and undamaged as if I've taken good care of the car.

Ford Fiesta 2012 - Rim protect tyres - Arb

Thanks people for your advice, will take notice!