2000 astra 1.6 8v misfire - the conductor
have mk4 astra 1.6 8v x16sv engine. has intermitant misfire have changed leads and plugs. have interogated ecu fault code 351 low voltage ign coil 1+4. has anyone come across this before?
ign coil pack £162 inc vat from vauxhall so would like to get diagnisis right. thanks rich
2000 astra 1.6 8v misfire - David Davies
Coil faults are common on this model,but so are ECU faults.I think ECU is still under warranty with Vauxhall if a new or 'known good' coil does not fix the problem.To make a sure diagnosis you need to connect oscilloscope to coil trigger terminals and note quality of ECU trigger signals when misfiring occurs.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)
2000 astra 1.6 8v misfire - the conductor
thanks for that dave. will say that problem is worse when car is warm and that the fault light will go out sometimes even after the fault in memory. maybe will get breaker coil and try that first. do you think that an atp system 500 test will find fault if there in ecu. if i disconnect the ecu does immobliser need to be reset as have never done car with integral immobliser in ecu.
thanks rich.
2000 astra 1.6 8v misfire - David Davies
In reply I'd say that ECU testing is not always 100% conclusive with intermittent faults,so its a bit of a gamble.As far as I know you can remove and install the ECU without affecting the immobiliser but a replacement will require matching .In conclusion if a good coil unit does not fix the problem its probably easier to put it in to the dealer.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)