Any - AA Membership Renewal - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

My AA renewal went from £172 to £185. I checked on line and a good enough equivalent from a well known company was £91. I contacted the AA and said I did not wish to renew as I'd found a better quote and I was annoyed at their soaring prices. The comeback was does £75 sound OK? What???? . Yes, that is correct.

My amended renewal notice has arrived along with the revised fee. Just awaiting to see if the direct debit is the same.

But err what a result after paying over the odds for too long.

Any - AA Membership Renewal - Galaxy

I do that every year!

Any - AA Membership Renewal - alan1302

Unfortuneatly they will only stop this when people stop just going with the renewla price and paying the increased charge. As well as not accepting the lower price and shopping elsewhere.

I went elsewhere when the AA put my home insurance up. When I phoned to cancel they said they would match the price but I said I'd rather go elsewhere.

Any - AA Membership Renewal - gordonbennet

Yes, companies only get one bite of the cherry with me too, this is supposed to be Britain where loyal customers are valued and get preferred prices.

I'm gradually returning to living in 1963, a far better time.

Any - AA Membership Renewal - daveyK_UK

I left the AA after a dsgusting renewal price and went with Auto National.

Competitive price, good service and you ring a local number if you breakdown so no 0845 charges.

Really impressed. I wont be going back to the AA.

Any - AA Membership Renewal - Doc

My AA renewal went from £172 to £185. I checked on line and a good enough equivalent from a well known company was £91. I contacted the AA and said I did not wish to renew as I'd found a better quote and I was annoyed at their soaring prices. The comeback was does £75 sound OK?

£75 ? No, I pay £39 for the same cover at AUTOAID.

tinyurl.com/q8mpbwx

Any - AA Membership Renewal - martint123

£75 ? No, I pay £39 for the same cover at AUTOAID.

Robbed! my renewal was £37

Any - AA Membership Renewal - Snakey

I got sick of the annual carry on with the AA - they'd up the price, I'd argue - they'd drop it again. A couple of years ago I changed to the RAC who have consistently kept the renewal price within a few pence of the previous year - in my view thats how to keep your customers.