Ford Ka Mk 1 2003 - No hot air from heater - BenBee
Hi all

Here’s a conundrum I hope you can help with.

I replaced the HCV in my 2003 Ka Mk 1 in the summer when I was getting blasted with hot air. All was well. Then recently (with it being winter) I can only get cold air...

I thought I would check it and having removed the scuttles and the electrical connection, just tried it anyway - hot air produced! Then I put everything back together and it was fine. I wondered if the valve had just got stuck as I had been away and not driven the car for a month.

After a couple of days of it working properly, it now only blows cold. However, all the pipes front and back of the valve are hot.

I have tried everything I know - there is no airlock as far as I can tell, hosing through the valve inlet and return gives clean water and no gunk.

I have checked the voltage again and it is is odd - it pulses as it should in intermediate settings, but is 7.8V at fully hot dial setting and 12v at fully cold - I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?

Any suggestions? Has the control panel gone?

Cheers

Ben
Ford Ka Mk 1 2003 - No hot air from heater - Peter.N.

If the inlet and outlet pipes are hot you have water flowing through the matrix so you must have a stuck air flap - if it has them.

Ford Ka Mk 1 2003 - No hot air from heater - BenBee

Indeed, they both are hot. What would be the most effective way to diagnose and then rectify if this is the problem?