Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - eddy63

I am looking to buy a used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer, it's a 13 plate. How much warranty should I get free and servicing thrown in for the price. The vehicle costs about £14.000 with very low miles. For that price should I get a good warranty thrown in. Any answers please would be helpful.

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Collos25

I noticed new ones for sale for under 10k these were 1.8 petrol ,is not the Vauxhall gaurantee transferable to you..

No my old Vauxhall is 10 years old, plus the 1.4 has the same power, but has lower road tax. The 1.8 is alright but I do think it neads a sixth gear. I do the 1.8 days are numbered as vauxhall are starting a five year engine replacement plan, with the 1.6SIDI engine.

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - oldroverboy.

you will get the balance of the manufacturers warranty, but tell us which model/engine it sounds like a 1.4T variant just from the price. If from a main dealer and less than 6 months old you will get the "lifetime" warranty, but beware of the exclusions of all the stuff that VX call wear and tear and trim. get the dealer to confirm warranty and buy/negotiate the servicing package.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 16/02/2014 at 09:29

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Jes

I had the previous model Zafira which was prone to EGR and DPF issues (diesel). The VX warranty was excellent, right up to the 35th month where I claimed for a faulty bulb in the instrument cluster only for the dealer to replace the complete unit!

Free ECU update at service time as well - unlike my current mondeo where the dealer charges just for checking for updates!

Yes it is a 1.4, but would warranty Direct be cheaper than a main dealer they can charge way over the odds for some of those packages, and plus if something goes wrong within the first three to four years that should not be ware and tear. I have an old 1.8 vauxhall Zafira thats 10 years old which was reliable though a bit thirsty, as I don,t do high milage about 10k a year this a reason for wanting the 1.4, plus a lot lower road tax.

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - skidpan

I am looking to buy a used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer, it's a 13 plate. How much warranty should I get free and servicing thrown in for the price.

You should get the balance of the manufacturers warranty. Not 100% sure how this lifetime care thingy works on Vauxhalls but it is normal for mainstream manufacturers to give 3 years warranty. That means there will be at least 2 years left.

As for free servicing its as much as you can negotiate, normally none.

Forget aftermarket warranties, they are like burning your money for what use they are.

All cars require regular servicing, dealers do charge more but only dealers can carry out warranty work.

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - Used Vauxhall Zafira Tourer - oldroverboy.

You do NOT need an aftermarket warranty, you will have the manufacturers warranty and as said above the "lifetime warranty can be transferesd on vehicles LESS than 6 months old. and consider brfore signing up for payment ptotection insurance, supagard and any other junk the dealer tries to sell you.

I know of a young couple here in wales who got well stitched up by being persuaded to buy all the add ons.

No I wont be taken, for the money i'm paying all I want is at least two years warranty and servicing included in the price, if thats not good enough I will go somewhere else. If they want my cash it will be on my terms, because I will be paying in a lump sum.