Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec 5 dr 2010(60) - Advice on car purchase - taylor79
Hi

Am hoping for some help please ?

I'm looking to buy the above car which has done 58,500 miles.
It is priced with a local dealer for £7495, is this a good price?
Also what is considered average milage per year, I've always thought it was 12k

Any help would be great thank you !

Jon
Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec 5 dr 2010(60) - Advice on car purchase - Snakey

12k a year is only considered average if you're buying the car!

If you're trying to part-ex it then 8k is the average </sarcasm>

Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec 5 dr 2010(60) - Advice on car purchase - craig-pd130

Check it's got a full service history and has had the oil changed at the specified intervals (12,500 miles or one year).

The Mondeo's a big comfy barge of a car, have you had a drive in it? Some of the early 1.8TDCIs had issues with the engine mapping (they stalled easily, the engine would cut out approaching roundabouts etc) but these issues were fixed with updates to the engine management software. I would think a 2010 car should have the right version of the software.

Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec 5 dr 2010(60) - Advice on car purchase - SteveLee

Practical, mile munchers which are also fun to drive on fast a-roads. The engine may not be the last word in refinement or economy but they are generally amongst the more reliable modern diesels and can return good mpg figures if not thrashed. Now the electrical niggles are sorted the Mondeo is a very, very good car. As the new model is coming out soon which will drop the value of Mondeos across the board, drive a hard bargain - that said - from a dealer that a very reasonable price and he may have already priced it to shift it.